SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

What happened to pictures embedded?

What's Hot
jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
edited April 2017 in Guitars £
I think every ad I've seen recently has links to photos. Which on my iPhone open & then redirect me to the App Store.

Therefore even if you were going to sell me an R9 for £100 & throw in sexual favours from your wife/sister, after fucking about with my phone for 3 mins per image. I'd just not bother. 

Can we not have a simpler, quicker way to put images up please? 
2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    It's pretty simple already, unfortunately we have lots of new people that don't learn how, and for some reason the majority still use Photofucket.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    Yep. Anything except photobucket works fine.  If I have to do something extra to view the sellers pics, I move on
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7897
    I migrated from Photobucket to Imgur.  Not sure how to embed from Imgur though.  I seem only to be able to provide a link. 
    Is there a sticky with a 'how to' on this (from my iPhone)...?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3633
    I don't like links, just want to see decent sized pics which is why I view the classifieds on a proper size computer screen not a diddly little phone where you can't view photobucket pics.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8539
    Chuffola said:
    Yep. Anything except photobucket works fine.  If I have to do something extra to view the sellers pics, I move on
    You say that but I upgraded to imgur and from a tablet there's no way to imbed the image. What do people use from there tablet? (I only use tFB on my iPad and iPhone).
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    edited April 2017
    I use Flickr and can embed from my iPad.

• jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Chuffola said:
    I use Flickr and can embed from my iPad.

That's what I do. 
  • john_rjohn_r Frets: 130
    Sometimes I can click the button to insert image, paste the link and it works as it should, other times nothing happens, had this occur even in the same post after one or two images have worked it suddenly stops. Once that starts the only way I can insert an image is to switch to html editor and manually add the pics.
  • jfraze5150jfraze5150 Frets: 262
    I use Imgur and have trouble using my iPad to embed. I think considering how easy social networking sites make it to embed pictures is an issue. Lots of people go from there to here and it's like going back to using MySpace.
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    Take a look through this, there is also an index 2nd post down

http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/14957/posting-pictures-a-little-help#latest

Please update either that thread or any of the service specific ones linked from it if you know how to do something to help the good folks on here.

I'm another one who won't click on links, so please put the communal effort into embedding images on here.

And yes you can embed images from Imgur from a mobile, @RaymondLin wrote a very good pictorial guide on doing just that ~ see index in the link above.

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    edited April 2017
    Top Tip - if nothing happens, it's more than likely the image file size is too big (why there's not "Too Big" message is beyond me, but hey ho !).

I suppose the next question is - what is the filesize limit ?  To which the answer is I dunno, but smaller that the one you're using

EDIT: From the HowTo in the post above "ideally something less than 1mb"
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback