Switchless wahs , anyone tried Morley Maverick or Ibanez weeping demon ?

What's Hot
riffpowersriffpowers Frets: 344
im building my pedals back up again , and am after a wah .

im after a switchless one . I used to use the Morley tremonti, but although I liked it I would prefer something smaller .

i guess the closest thing is the Morley Maverick mini wah , and I wondered if anyone has tried one .

im also interested in the Ibanez weeping demon , but Ive never tried one .

anyone any opinion on this ?! Basically I need a decent switchless wah that isn't massive !
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 337
    I stopped my search when I got a Weeping Demon. Great piece of kit. It's a tad on the large side though if you're tight for space.
  • longshinslongshins Frets: 246
    I've got the weeping demon, highly versatile, done into the hundreds gig wise now, my only complaint apart from it looking a bit silly is that there is very quick yet perceivable drop out in signal when using it switchless mode between on and off.
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1297
    None of these but switchless too - dunlop 95q. Smaller than the two you've mentioned and with adjustable Q and volume control plus +15dB kick boost. Must say I like mine a lot.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I've had most of the switchless wahs.    WD, BH, BH2 Tremonti, Lynch1, 95q and a maverick.    
    The mav is ok - I could have lived with it, but my favourite by a mile is the Tremonti - I'm currently on my 3rd one and just sticking with it. 
    if you really really need something smaller then the 95q does a job as does the WD jr both are a little better than a mav imo but mainly as the size is a little bigger.   The maverick is shorter but still fairly wide so I'd double check the size fits. 
  • cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    I highly recommend the glab one!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10699
    Bad horsie. Love it. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6137
    Another Weeping Demon user here. I love it, especially the fact that it is sprung. 
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    went through the same tremonti / 95q /bad horsie thing - ultimately felt compromise for switchless was wahs I didnt 100%  like and with some, compromise on half cocked schenker style usage 

now have a CAE MC 404 - best wah I've had - simple true bypass loop around it and always on - straight to half cocked tone etc etc ; did look for the g-lab true bypass wah pad but couldnt justify full retail 
  • MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    I hate wah pedals but I don't hate the Weeping Demon - it's just so very useable.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24359
    The ibby. Stunning wah.
  • longilongi Frets: 95
    Just out of interest, sites anyone use the Mooer Wahter? That's an interesting looking pedal. Tiny footprint with extendable foot rests, 3 different modes and a classic sound. It's easier to do the cocked wah sound too. It uses sensors instead of a spring loaded mechanism so you just take your foot off and it goes off or mode depending stays on. 

Anyone? 
  • riffpowersriffpowers Frets: 344
    I've just bought a weeping demon !
  • longilongi Frets: 95
    I've just bought a weeping demon !
    It's great pedal, I love mine. You can get quite a classic sound from it if you have a cry baby around to use as a reference. It's a very versatile pedal. Personally I love the bear trap look it exudes. Hope you like it! :-) 
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    I love the Chi Wah Wah, Morley Mini Wah and Morley Bad Horsie 2
  • MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    longshins said:
    I've got the weeping demon, highly versatile, done into the hundreds gig wise now, my only complaint apart from it looking a bit silly is that there is very quick yet perceivable drop out in signal when using it switchless mode between on and off.
    There's a micro-pot adjuster for that I believe; I think it's under the footplate?
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26626
    You can't go wrong with a Weeping Demon. Unless you're a bit tight for space, in which case the Weeping Demon Junior usually has you covered.

I wonder if they'll ever bring out a micro version...
    <space for hire>
  • riffpowersriffpowers Frets: 344
    I got the weeping demon, Love it.
    Anotehr great soundign and well engineered pedal from Ibanez!!