SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

ES-295

What's Hot
enteeentee Frets: 93
Being a big fan of Killing Joke and Geordie Walker's playing sound/style, what is the going rate for the Epiphone/Gibson ES-295?  I appreciate the Gibson is probably at least twice the price of the Epi.  Just curious if this may be my next p[urchase, and what I may need to 'out' to fund one....
Vox 24, Variax 700, Epiphone Dot Studio (Cats Whiskers pups, custom inlay, custom pickguard), Gretsch 5238T (P90s/B3), Gibson Les Paul Zoot (rainbow), Gretsch 5135 PS, 'Graick' G2312TVR, BarileleBo (electric baritone ukulele G6199).
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 731
    tFB Trader
    £600-700 for an Epi / £1500-1700 for a Gibson (if you can find one) *There is however one on eBay atm 
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33842
    If you want it authentic then I would avoid the Gibson reissue.
    They were overbuilt- thicker woods which raises the resonant frequency of the instrument- they sound much thinner than the originals.
    Also they shipped with not amazing P100 pickups.

Here is my old Gibson USA reissue- with Lollars.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 738
    I've played Geordies main guitar and it's an amazing instrument. Well used though! 

• enteeentee Frets: 93
    It would probably be an Epi tbh - although the real thing would be great, spending nearly 2k on one might stretch my home balance  lol
    Vox 24, Variax 700, Epiphone Dot Studio (Cats Whiskers pups, custom inlay, custom pickguard), Gretsch 5238T (P90s/B3), Gibson Les Paul Zoot (rainbow), Gretsch 5135 PS, 'Graick' G2312TVR, BarileleBo (electric baritone ukulele G6199).
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33842
    entee said:
    It would probably be an Epi tbh - although the real thing would be great, spending nearly 2k on one might stretch my home balance  lol
    and the rest: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1953-Gibson-ES-295-GAT0399-/331908959873
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • enteeentee Frets: 93
    robwright said:
    I've played Geordies main guitar and it's an amazing instrument. Well used though! 
    and looks it!  lucky you have been able to play it...
  • This shop had an Epi version in recently when I called in. They said there was something special about it (maybe Jap or USA made but I can't remember exactly). 

They make and repair guitars and have a have a good reputation locally (Nottingham)  so it might be worth giving them a ring? 

https://www.xperienceguitars.co.uk/

• knuckleberryfinnknuckleberryfinn Frets: 253
    edited April 2017
    Peerless do one as well don't they? 

EDIT Yes, Gigmaster SC. They're supposed to be very nice, though the pickguard is silly.

https://goo.gl/images/2QL8aB