SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Comments

• rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 838
    Pics added bump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump
  • Any trades? Just down the road in Basingstoke here. 
    Charvel San Dimas with a Floyd?
  • BenBen Frets: 114
    Seriously tempted! If it's still available when I manage to sell my PRS Custom 22, I'll contact you ASAP :D
    Shame that wasn't a singlecut I could have done a deal
  • BenBen Frets: 114
    Shame that wasn't a singlecut I could have done a deal
    It almost plays like one! With the adjustable stoptail instead of the normal tremolo, the locking tuners and the 25" scale. Bonus is the easier upper frets access :D
    Yeah but it ain't  a  Singlecut mate! Lol!
  • erky32erky32 Frets: 49
    edited April 2017
    @rockmonster what's the weight? neck profile? glued-in neck?...I had a "standard variax" once but I didnt like the Yamaha-ness of it -- inerds were same as JTV I believe. ...very good!
    Glued in neck. Profile very similar to a PRS wide fat. Plays and feels very much like my Bernie Marsden SE. Nothing like the old crappy variaxes IMHO weight just under 8lb on my dodgy bathroom scales
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    I went to try a Variax JTV 59 yesterday & I can confirm that the build quality is excellent, and the H/B p/ups are surprisingly good - the guitar stands up well even as a 'straight' guitar. The way the neck joined the body was really good - fixed, contoured, and very smooth which made it easy to play and to get higher up on the fret board.  These new JTV's bear no resemblance to the rather lack-lustre previous Variax incarnations.   :)
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)