Two amps in stereo

What's Hot
FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
There been a couple of threads about this recently but I can't find the relevant ones...

Got a new amp this week and selling my old one on eBay, in the interim I thought I'd hook both up together.

Path goes: guitar/tuner/comp/dirt/fuzz/delay/delay/
echo/reverb/looper/amp. 

All I did was link my two stereo delay pedal outlets together with patch cables and took a cable out the 2nd delay into the 2nd amp. The whole pedal board went back onto the 1st amp.

Plugged in, sat the amps about 4 ft apart and bingo! No hum, lovely stereo ping pong delay. 

A - was I lucky not to blow anything up?
B - did I nearly kill myself?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3472
    edited April 2017
    A - No
    B - No
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72500
    A - no.
    B - no.
    C - yes.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    ICBM said:
    A - no.
    B - no.
    C - yes.

What was C again?
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Great sound innit :) 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72500
    Fuengi said:

What was C again?
    C - if I didn't know the answers to A and B, should I have asked before trying it?

;)

Or really, what hotpickups said :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    What fun would like be if we didn't do A & B before considering C? 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    edited April 2017
    D Is a great sound if you like delay all over the shop or no delay discernible. But I do this and the extra harmonic quotient overrides any tone finery. In fact it makes you play in a different style anyway!

By the way you are no longer able to select option D : cos  of damned enforced smileys...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Interestingly on my Stereo set up there doesn't seem to be any Phase issues that some warned me of that could happen. Doesn't seem to have much difference if I clicked the phase switch on my splitter anyway. I guess it isn't always an issue with certain amps etc?
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4933
    I split my signal on my pedalboard to go to 2 amps (a Trace Elliot and a MarkBass).