Epiphone "unsung" factory guitars . Anyone got any info ?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11792
    edited April 2017
    I find this headstock stuff hilarious, I actually had to go and compare by Gibson and Epi Les Pauls when I first heard about it and just thought , "really.....?"

But hey, YMMV
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    Time to go to Specsavers to compare glasses.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11792
    Jack_ said:
    Time to go to Specsavers to compare glasses.
    I did have a witty retort, but for some reason I can't quite make out what you wrote ;)

Still like I said its a personal thing. :)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 541
    edited April 2017
    I had an Epi Custom Black Beauty from around 2001.It was Korean but not sure of the factory. Paid around £450 at the time.Really good quality ,not sure how they compare to newer models. 
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    I've got a 90's Unsung-built Korina SG400 which is absolutely lovely. The body feels really slim and the neck is a very nice, non-whippy playable thin. It feels very light and comfortable.
    The cherry red SG400 that I had which (I think) was a Samick was a complete disaster by comparison! It weighed a ton, had a big fat neck and felt like it was made of pavements. It also sounded bad... although to be honest I have replaced the pickups in my Korina, but it is a much more resonant guitar than the red one.
    So all-in-all, thumbs-up for my Unsung experience.

I don't really mind the headstocks either, but then I've never wanted one of their Les Pauls... cerrtainly not an issue with my SG. And they do suit the semis.