Syncopy analogue delay by Stone Deaf FX - The new King of analogue delays?

What's Hot

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7806
    edited April 2017
    Shhhhh, don't give the game away!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30928
    No. Try a SIB Echodrive.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22169
    Cut some slack people! This is about a British company making some seriously cool pedals. We should be supportive and discussing these as much as thorpy, green carrot, sonnus etc..

Stone deaf have been heavily featured on Andertons and PGS amongst others, certainly a company gaining traction.

Sometimes think we are collectively a bit too cynical on here.

I'll support the company if a company representative comes on here. As it is, it's an unconnected bloke writing a poor review of a pedal that he's never played in the hope of getting some free stuff. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    Gassage said:
    No. Try a SIB Echodrive.
    There were a few on eBay being sold off cheap a few weeks back, kind of wish I'd gone for one :unamused: 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7806
    Cut some slack people! This is about a British company making some seriously cool pedals. We should be supportive and discussing these as much as thorpy, green carrot, sonnus etc..

Stone deaf have been heavily featured on Andertons and PGS amongst others, certainly a company gaining traction.

Sometimes think we are collectively a bit too cynical on here.

I'll support the company if a company representative comes on here. As it is, it's an unconnected bloke writing a poor review of a pedal that he's never played in the hope of getting some free stuff. 
    I didn't read the op as a review. More like a long post speculating on an unreleased new pedal pointing out that it's feature rich and seems good on paper but needs to be heard. 

Think I'd agree.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22169

Despite the information we have to work from already, we really need to hear it so hopefully there will be some good quality demo videos appearing online soon. Certainly Stone Deaf FX have an impressive track record for sound quality as well as innovation, with players like Josh Homme using their Parametric Distortion Filter extensively on QOTSA recordings, as well as their recently released Tremotron being favoured by critics as the new King of technical tremolo pedals. Should the sound of this delay pedal live up to specs and expectations then I can see it taking the crown for best Analogue delay too and knocking a lot of the big competitor's pedals off many a pedal board. 

That's the best bit of advertorial speculation seen around here for a while then... 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    edited March 2019
    I'm just reviving this thread. Has anybody used a Syncopy yet? I'd love to hear some feedback about it if you pardon the pun  Love to hear about the sounds one can get out of it and also how to save presets to a location that a switcher can target etc i.e. in a preset number higher than the 4 on board with the LEDs
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    I had one. Sold it. Too many options I wouldn’t use was the main reason I let it go. The other was lack of headroom. Even with a Tele it just clipped too much for me, which is my main issue with nearly all analog(ue) delays. Ultimately I just prefer an analogue-voiced digital delay. 
    It was ok, I’m just not it’s target market, I think. 
    JDE said:
    I had one. Sold it. Too many options I wouldn’t use was the main reason I let it go. The other was lack of headroom. Even with a Tele it just clipped too much for me, which is my main issue with nearly all analog(ue) delays. Ultimately I just prefer an analogue-voiced digital delay. 
    It was ok, I’m just not it’s target market, I think. 
    Funny, I was looking for something with less options that's what's out there but with MIDI. I thought this was the one that could fit that bill. Not so worried about clipping so much as my delays aren't pristine anyway 
    Maybe give one a whirl, then. MIDGI in and of itself is far beyond me, let alone all the other programmable stuff. I can’t even spell it. 
    JDE said:
    Maybe give one a whirl, then. MIDGI in and of itself is far beyond me, let alone all the other programmable stuff. I can’t even spell it. 
    May I ask what you sold it for so I can get a guide used price etc @JDE ;
    Of course, it sold for £135 plus postage on eBay. 
  • jamesguitarjamesguitar Frets: 147
    edited March 2019
    I'm just reviving this thread. Has anybody used a Syncopy yet? I'd love to hear some feedback about it if you pardon the pun  Love to hear about the sounds one can get out of it and also how to save presets to a location that a switcher can target etc i.e. in a preset number higher than the 4 on board with the LEDs

I ended up buying one second hand on the forum from @sherpa_man - I paid £220 (they used to be around £270, but going for around £200 new now).

Truth be told I haven’t really sat down with it properly yet - it did sound great one the few gigs I’ve tried it on so far, but I’m pretty lazy when it comes to saving presets etc. Am putting another board together that will 

I ended up buying the Analogman ARDX20 delay before the Syncopy was released (there was ironically a huge delay on it). The Analogman is great and I think two presets is fine for most gigs (plus I’d rather use a tape emulation or clean digital delay for some jobs, so would ideally have both on a board instead of getting an analogue delay to cover everything). I think ideally I’d have a digital delay that was the same size, but with the same amount of presets (emulated analogue, digital and tape etc).

P.S. Am not going to tag/embarrass anyone specifically from this thread, but re-visiting it reminded me that there’s a few particularly arrogant and condescending people that regularly ‘contribute’ to this forum. I was new to the forum when I posted this (having entered as a pro musician who’s been fortunate to experience all levels of the music industry), so some of the responses did make me laugh / shake my head. Would like to add that I’ve interacted with some good people on here also.
    Just a heads-up if anyone is looking to buy a new one of these, there seems to be a massive difference on price. £270 at some places, £200 at others. If you buy it direct from Stone Deaf it’s £165 plus postage. That price seems extremely reasonable to me. If you’re pushing 300 beans and you need all the... stuff, then just get a DD-500, imo. 
    JDE said:
    Just a heads-up if anyone is looking to buy a new one of these, there seems to be a massive difference on price. £270 at some places, £200 at others. If you buy it direct from Stone Deaf it’s £165 plus postage. That price seems extremely reasonable to me. If you’re pushing 300 beans and you need all the... stuff, then just get a DD-500, imo. 
    Had thought of that tbh but I know I’d just get lost down a rabbit hole of perameters and never being satisfied. I’m keeping it simple or at least trying too lol

Had thought of that tbh but I know I’d just get lost down a rabbit hole of perameters and never being satisfied. I’m keeping it simple or at least trying too lol
    I know what you mean - I actually now deliberately use the most restrictive delay pedal available because it prevents me from cocking about forever when all I really ever use now is slapback.
    I have had a DD-500 though and it was bloody impressive, and even a total moron like me could figure it out. Must confess I didn’t dive too deeply into all the submenu’s though. The volumes I play at makes it doubtful I’d tell the difference!

I ended up buying one second hand on the forum from @sherpa_man - I paid £220 (they used to be around £270, but going for around £200 new now).

Truth be told I haven’t really sat down with it properly yet - it did sound great one the few gigs I’ve tried it on so far, but I’m pretty lazy when it comes to saving presets etc. Am putting another board together that will 

I ended up buying the Analogman ARDX20 delay before the Syncopy was released (there was ironically a huge delay on it). The Analogman is great and I think two presets is fine for most gigs (plus I’d rather use a tape emulation or clean digital delay for some jobs, so would ideally have both on a board instead of getting an analogue delay to cover everything). I think ideally I’d have a digital delay that was the same size, but with the same amount of presets (emulated analogue, digital and tape etc).

P.S. Am not going to tag/embarrass anyone specifically from this thread, but re-visiting it reminded me that there’s a few particularly arrogant and condescending people that regularly ‘contribute’ to this forum. I was new to the forum when I posted this (having entered as a pro musician who’s been fortunate to experience all levels of the music industry), so some of the responses did make me laugh / shake my head. Would like to add that I’ve interacted ŵith some people on here also.
    Check this one out too @jamesguitar ;

https://www.alexanderpedals.com/shop/quadrant
    Just re-reading my earlier contributions on here to see if I was arrogant and condescending...I'm going to go with No. Phew! 

Two things I did say a) needs the Stone Deaf expression pedal and b) 250ma draw.
    On the Guitar Guitar page it now says any standard expression pedal and 200ma draw. On the Stone Deaf site says any standard expression pedal and 250ma. 
    Prices are all over the shop, including PandP £172 if bought direct, there are used prices out there higher than that. £199 at GG and Andertons, I think it was £270 last time I looked. 
    Confused information aside this is a bit more affordable than I'd previously thought. Hmm. 
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    FYI - you need to add VAT to the Stone Deaf website basket prices...

I think it's a new feature they added for worldwide sales.

BTW - Stone Deaf did say they had decreased prices a few months back...so it looks like some retailers haven't caught up!

£206 delivered seems like a very good price to me. Chase Bliss pedals are vastly more expensive with their analog meets digital pedals.

Power info here (trust the manufacturer!):

https://www.stonedeaffx.com/syncopy?utm_campaign=c37b4bdd-a06b-4da9-8f12-7bc5057eb45e&utm_source=so

FYI - you need to add VAT to the Stone Deaf website basket prices...

I think it's a new feature they added for worldwide sales.

BTW - Stone Deaf did say they had decreased prices a few months back...so it looks like some retailers haven't caught up!

£206 delivered seems like a very good price to me. Chase Bliss pedals are vastly more expensive with their analog meets digital pedals.

Power info here (trust the manufacturer!):

https://www.stonedeaffx.com/syncopy?utm_campaign=c37b4bdd-a06b-4da9-8f12-7bc5057eb45e&utm_source=so

I had added it to basket but hadn't clicked through to payment at which point it totals £206. I guess for an international site that makes sense. 
    Hmm. Hmm. Hmm.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom