'83 Telecaster Elite

What's Hot

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16686
    whilst we are on the subject of weird 80's fenders.  I always fancied one of these:

But never one of these

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24807
    WezV said:
    whilst we are on the subject of weird 80's fenders.  I always fancied one of these:

But never one of these

Traditionalist!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    I do like the Performer a lot. If they did a decent reissue I'd probably buy one.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Bucket said:

And I'd rather look at Lord Sugar's anus.
    This one?

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72375
    @ICBM put some pictures up if you get a chance.
    @Shark_Eyes Here you go! Maybe not quite what you were expecting... :)

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/101661/unusual-old-national-supro

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8031
    UPDATE: I played one very recently and Goddammit, it was really rather good...

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14270
    tFB Trader
    UPDATE: I played one very recently and Goddammit, it was really rather good...

Ideal for when you get a Duran Duran tribute band together

I've found they are always easy to sell as and when I acquire any - only issue to look at sometimes is noisy pots and I think it is something to do with the active battery circuit
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72375

I've found they are always easy to sell as and when I acquire any - only issue to look at sometimes is noisy pots and I think it is something to do with the active battery circuit
    Quite possible, since a coupling cap leak will probably put a tiny DC voltage onto the pots, which always makes them very noisy. If so replacing the pots won't cure it, so it's important to check first.

I'm glad to hear they're easy to sell because it means that if I ever take leave of my senses, taste and judgment and take one in a deal, I shouldn't have any trouble getting rid of it…

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    ICBM said:

Quite possible, since a coupling cap leak will probably put a tiny DC voltage onto the pots, which always makes them very noisy. If so replacing the pots won't cure it, so it's important to check first.

I'm glad you are around to put simple words into what I suspected was voltage onto the tracking of the pot but I did not know why
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14434
    searching for sh*t guitars so you don't have to.
     B) 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8031
     B) 

Yeah, yeah...

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    ICBM said:
    There seems to be some kind of collective delusion in this thread…

They are awful things - always were, and still are. Heavy, toneless and hideous.

...and that's only the good things! Played one once...yuk! In a similar vein a v good friend of mine has an 80's USA hardtail Strat. Black finish, black pick guard, black pup covers, black knobs and black 5 way switch knob, ash body, rosewood neck, gold fittings (after market I think). Weighs a ton..at least as heavy as my 1990 LP Custom, and its toneless and dead sounding. Worst Strat I've ever played, bar none! 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    edited August 2017 tFB Trader
    Voxman said:
    ICBM said:
    There seems to be some kind of collective delusion in this thread…

They are awful things - always were, and still are. Heavy, toneless and hideous.

...and that's only the good things! Played one once...yuk! In a similar vein a v good friend of mine has an 80's USA hardtail Strat. Black finish, black pick guard, black pup covers, black knobs and black 5 way switch knob, ash body, rosewood neck, gold fittings (after market I think). Weighs a ton..at least as heavy as my 1990 LP Custom, and its toneless and dead sounding. Worst Strat I've ever played, bar none! 
    funnily enough the Tele wasn't a bad guitar (IMO) but I agree the Strat Elite was nothing special - of the two I'd rather buy, play, collect the Tele - as it happens, apart from the shape the Tele Elite sounds nothing like a Tele but I suppose at that time guitars like the Schecter PT was popular and this was Fenders attempt at a Schecterized guitar
    The present-day Fender Elite Telecaster does not sound much like a proper one either. ;)
  • TADodgerTADodger Frets: 211
    HarrySeven said:

@HarrySeven - I love (and am grateful for)
    that , but why do they keep landing in my lap if you have them all?
    Yeah, yeah.

I sense a H7 NGD coming on. ;)
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    I had a Telecaster Elite, I guess before I knew much about guitars. It was heavy and not much cop. I fecking bought it instead of a '68 Tele for some reason, both were £450 in about 1992.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    When I were just a teenaged dirt bag, my eighteenth birthday present was a Peavey T-60. The shop where it was bought also had a careworn '68/69 Telecaster with a Filter'Tron added in the neck/Rhythm position for the same money. D'oh!
    tFB Trader
    I had a Telecaster Elite, I guess before I knew much about guitars. It was heavy and not much cop. I fecking bought it instead of a '68 Tele for some reason, both were £450 in about 1992.
    When I were just a teenaged dirt bag, my eighteenth birthday present was a Peavey T-60. The shop where it was bought also had a careworn '68/69 Telecaster with a Filter'Tron added in the neck/Rhythm position for the same money. D'oh!
    I recall in 1978, my first year full time in the guitar store a new Strat with trem and case costing £375 and we all know how good these are - And we had 2/3 early 60's Strat in stock at £360 and found them hard to sell (all refins or stripped to natural but pretty much original regard parts etc)