NAD - a £10 amp...

57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
...not overly proud of myself, but it will do for off-site guitar lessons where I can't be arsed to tool-up too much

Tenner though...

Frontman 15g

http://i63.tinypic.com/b3wlzs.jpg

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    I had a Line 6 Spider amp that I couldn't wait to get rid off so I was delighted when I managed to swap it for one those. They're good little practice amps.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    I think was being used as a Karaoke amp or for bingo calling cos came with a weighty mic! Anyway will do a job and be used for its proper purpose now! Cheers.
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Worth every penny, mind, decent cleans and a nice enough overdrive. Cleans up on the volume knob, too. Lot of amp for a tenner :) 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11805
    Old cheap amps have something about them.

Just sold my old Marshall MG250DFX for £50 which is a bargain for him, its too damn big for me as a home player but its a lot of amp for £50, bad reputation notwithstanding.

I actually still have an old G30RCD cheapo Marshall as well, which, possibly due to age and being a bit knackered, has developed a rather nice clean channel!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • i picked up a 15r (i think its the same but with reverb)  clean channel isnt bad. much better than the practise amps that were around when i was a youngster
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    edited April 2017
    Ten bloody quid???? o
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72500
    Nothing wrong with that, especially for a tenner! I prefer the one with reverb and I'm not a fan of the distortion channel really - even though I can make it sound OK - but if you can't get a passable sound out of one, the problem isn't in the amp.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    Yes the Dist chn can be made to work but you need to get good EQ balance and not dial past gain2 - more an edge than fizz but I can see that most kids would be belting the Gain out at 10 thinking this was the way to get 'that' sound!

The 8" speaker handles quite a wide range of frequencies too.
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>