The Blue Nile anyone-

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24807
    artiebear said:stop it you two, I'm being confronted with my loss of youth :)  
    Good - how do I know you feel it? How do I know it's true? :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AuldReekieAuldReekie Frets: 196
    artiebear said:stop it you two, I'm being confronted with my loss of youth :)  
    Good - how do I know you feel it? How do I know it's true? :)
    Well, I'll be 61 later this year, but there's no way I'm "Over the Hillside" 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AuldReekieAuldReekie Frets: 196

AuldReekie said:Hard to believe it will soon be 28 years since it was released.
    Or that I was 25 when - like you - I bought it on the day of release. More than half my lifetime ago....

In spite of the metronomic drum machine patterns and very 'electronic' arrangements - it sounds oddly timeless to my ears - which can't be said for much music from that period.
    So true; those electronic drum patters are such a contrast to the emotion and humanity created by Buchanan and Moore 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • artiebearartiebear Frets: 810

AuldReekie said:Hard to believe it will soon be 28 years since it was released.
    Or that I was 25 when - like you - I bought it on the day of release. More than half my lifetime ago....

In spite of the metronomic drum machine patterns and very 'electronic' arrangements - it sounds oddly timeless to my ears - which can't be said for much music from that period.
    So true; those electronic drum patters are such a contrast to the emotion and humanity created by Buchanan and Moore 
    The beauty is that the drum patterns don't matter. To this day, the ensemble of electronica sounds great. 
  • BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 768
    kaypeejay said:
    'Hats' is a great late night record with whisky in hand. 
    Ahh, that's why I don't like it, no whisky!
    Get yourself a nice single malt like Old Pulteney or Glenmorangie and it will all make sense. : >
  • kaypeejaykaypeejay Frets: 777
    There's a challenge I will take on. Does it work with Brandy too?
  • BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 768
    kaypeejay said:
    There's a challenge I will take on. Does it work with Brandy too?
    Never tried it, but feel free to experiment.
  • kaypeejaykaypeejay Frets: 777
    Trying it with 4 beers so far and I am definitely getting it. I love miserable music and this is starting to do it for me. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24807
    kaypeejay said:
    Trying it with 4 beers so far and I am definitely getting it. I love miserable music and this is starting to do it for me. 
    It IS miserable - but strangely uplifting. And joking apart - works perfectly well when sober. Not great on sunny days - not really suitable for in the car....