The Theresa May General Election thread (edited)

What's Hot

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72502
    Bridgehouse said:

BREXTERMINATE! BREXTERMINATE!

She does look a bit like Patrick Troughton tho.
    She looks much more like General Strax…

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c8/89/49/c889498682bb46b3d6feb34f633f4c79.jpg

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    ICBM said:
    Bridgehouse said:

BREXTERMINATE! BREXTERMINATE!

She does look a bit like Patrick Troughton tho.
    She looks much more like General Strax…

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c8/89/49/c889498682bb46b3d6feb34f633f4c79.jpg

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • marantz1300marantz1300 Frets: 3107
    she looks like she has a rat up her arse and is about to shit it over all of us.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    she looks like she has a rat up her arse and is about to shit it over all of us.
    I can't parse that metaphor.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • marantz1300marantz1300 Frets: 3107
    edited April 2017

she is using the election to push through her own agenda ,which will make life very hard for some and then claim she is doing the voters bidding.

if it works out, she is a hero.

if it fucks up, it's not her fault.

can you "parse" that ?

• hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    Ravenous said:
    He'll believe in anything that gets a vote...
    No that was Tony Blair. Corbyn does have principles, they are just the wrong ones.....
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    The next three months will be filled with left wing tears. Labour is reaping what it sowed. Just hilarious really. Self righteousness and incompetence don't win elections. 
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    FFS what a waste of time and money. 

What a crock of piss poor politicians. 

I hope it rains all summer, I hope Odin raises all the roads to the ground and I hope Kim manages to get a few nukes off.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28525
    Evilmags said:
    The next three months will be filled with left wing tears. Labour is reaping what it sowed. Just hilarious really. Self righteousness and incompetence don't win elections. 
    1) Labour haven't been left wing for decades.
    2) Self righteousness and incompetence have won almost every election!
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15576
    Sambostar said:

I hope it rains all summer, I hope Odin raises all the roads to the ground and I hope Kim manages to get a few nukes off.
    erm, all the roads are already on the ground. Honestly, what a shit god!!!

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sambostar said:

Apparently the Lib Dems are making booze free and pissing yourself obligatory.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

Seriously? This could swing my vote.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Sambostar said:

Seriously? This could swing my vote.
    To be fair it's the sort of tosh they normally come up with.

Mind you, given their track record on tuition fees, the reality will be booze up £10 a unit and there will be a tax on pissing yourself.

You'd be bankrupt the day after the election...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22208

It's a backbench squashing move according to various discussion sources. But what direction do those backbenchers lie? If there was something definitive out there that wanted a larger majority thus to quell any Remain backbench mumbling, then it makes sense. But I get the impression that this is aimed at Leave backbenchers. Brexit will happen so why would this group be potentially difficult? 

Answer: if Brexit wasn't going to be as hard as they wanted. 

Can't wait to see the Conservative manifesto entry for their Brexit plans...

Kudos to Electoral Services here in Bristol. I'm already signed up to clerk at the regional mayor election in May. Theresa made her speech at 11am and I was emailed by ES at 1421 to ask if I fancied clerking on June 8th. There's going to be a lot of electoral departments across the country shitting absolute feathers at this announcement.   

• dindudedindude Frets: 8539
    Despite the polls, all this complacency around Corbyn being out of the race sounds dangerously like how Trump was missed (and to some extent Brexit). That really would be a hatrick for the idiots.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22208
    dindude said:
    Despite the polls, all this complacency around Corbyn being out of the race sounds dangerously like how Trump was missed (and to some extent Brexit). That really would be a hatrick for the idiots.
    For those of us who warned against complacency when it came to Trump, it was clear he had a much wider supporter base than his detractors believed possible. UKIP's popular vote numbers in 2015 was the indicator that Brexit and Trump could happen. 

With Corbyn, his supporter base is narrow. Put it this way, when he comes to a Labour city like Bristol and isn't welcomed that warmly, it's a pretty good indicator that he is not universally liked within his own party. Put that across the country and it doesn't look good for the Best of the Vest. 

A combined Farron and Corbyn kicking must result in serious discussions leading to the formation of a middle ground liberal party from the ashes of the Liberal Democrats and the jumpers from Labour. The time to grow and utilise some balls/vaginas is then. 

• cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2565
    edited April 2017
    Cathy Newman in a leather jacket. Lovely. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Drew_TNBD said:
    scrumhalf said:
    Just heard Abbott on the radio.

She's going to have to have one almighty fucker of a migraine for Labour to stand a chance.
    Is that the excuse she'll use when Jezzer is getting a bit randy?
    It didn't stop her before ... Jezzer's quite a ladies man.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!