The Theresa May General Election thread (edited)

What's Hot

Comments

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22344

In other news, I enjoyed watching Piers Morgan skewer Clegg on GMB this morning...it's not often I can say I like anything about Piers but that was really enjoyable watching, seeing mr Pompous himself accuse Piers of the same. Best moment of the election for me so far :)

Not exactly much moral high ground between the two. Mr Tuition Fees U-Turn Tory Bogseatwarmer versus Mr Sacked Lying Editor Who Got Away With Phonehacking. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Diane Jabba Abbott is the worst kind of MP numerous occasions where she blatantly tells lies and bends the truth to suit her circumstances and has no clue about real life and the role of a senior MP.

She is way out of her depth and is in her role for two reasons and two reasons only.

Let me tell you that if the idiot Jeremy Corbyn is elected this woman Diane Abbott would be responsible for UK police, immigration and general matters of national security.

Is she for real? 

Tell me again who is voting Labour and this absolute shower of shit ? 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11386
    Fretwired said:
    More car crash .... she's getting hot under the collar and as arrogant as always .. she's also lying ... :-)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p051qts9

Wow. For the Beeb, that was tough. Not often you see someone get a brillo-ing from someone other than Brillo.

Abbott's self-belief is laudable, her self-delusion isn't.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Abbott has admitted her team gave her the wrong information ... the £300K was the fund for sleeping policemen .. ;-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    capo4th said:
    Diane Jabba Abbott is the worst kind of MP numerous occasions where she blatantly tells lies and bends the truth to suit her circumstances and has no clue about real life and the role of a senior MP.

She is way out of her depth and is in her role for two reasons and two reasons only.

Let me tell you that if the idiot Jeremy Corbyn is elected this woman Diane Abbott would be responsible for UK police, immigration and general matters of national security.

Is she for real? 

Considering the lies and racism that comes out of her mouth, I cannot believe that not only is she an MP of many years but she hasn't been locked up too.

In other news, I enjoyed watching Piers Morgan skewer Clegg on GMB this morning...it's not often I can say I like anything about Piers but that was really enjoyable watching, seeing mr Pompous himself accuse Piers of the same. Best moment of the election for me so far :)

Not exactly much moral high ground between the two. Mr Tuition Fees U-Turn Tory Bogseatwarmer versus Mr Sacked Lying Editor Who Got Away With Phonehacking. 

I agree but Clegg's holier than thou attitude hacks me off .. he's an opportunist only interested in self-aggrandisement - he spent the 2010 election campaign slagging off Cameron and the Tories and promising to scrap tuition fees, and then got into bed with Cameron and co and doubled tuition fees. Thrown to the wolves by his own party he sees Brexit as a way back into power and then gets upset when Morgan calls him out.

edited May 2017
    Diane Abbott is a lying manipulative woman who talks out of her giant fat arse.

She quoted no other figures in any interviews ! 

if you want her in charge of the police force in the UK vote Labour kids ! 

scrumhalf said:
    Fretwired said:
    More car crash .... she's getting hot under the collar and as arrogant as always .. she's also lying ... :-)

Wow. For the Beeb, that was tough. Not often you see someone get a brillo-ing from someone other than Brillo.

Abbott's self-belief is laudable, her self-delusion isn't.
    Actually they are tough on the Daily Politics show .. here's a Tory getting a grilling ..

Garthy said:
    capo4th said:

Is she for real? 

Considering the lies and racism that comes out of her mouth, I cannot believe that not only is she an MP of many years but she hasn't been locked up too.
    Agreed she has a massive agenda and is in her job for two reasons and two reasons only and basic maths is not one of them.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11386
    I've worked it out.

The money from reversing the CGT cut is quantum money. It can fund several things at the same time.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114

Does anyone genuinely expect anything different from Diane Abbott?

She embodies everything that is wrong with politicians.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Fretwired said:
    I agree but Clegg's holier than thou attitude hacks me off .. he's an opportunist only interested in self-aggrandisement - he spent the 2010 election campaign slagging off Cameron and the Tories and promising to scrap tuition fees, and then got into bed with Cameron and co and doubled tuition fees. Thrown to the wolves by his own party he sees Brexit as a way back into power and then gets upset when Morgan calls him out.

U-turns: right, once and for all then. Are U-turns good or bad? You denounce Clegg for pulling a U-turn yet the whole reason this General Election thread exists is because of a U-turn by the Prime Minister for what appears to be nothing more than party political opportunism. 

Holier than thou Clegg being attacked by the lying sacked editor who went to America and was holier than thou about guns in their own backyard. What a pair, eh? Cripes, we might be like that in the future. Dawn versus Fret, debatorial fisticuffs over the picket fence... 

• GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    capo4th said:
    Garthy said:
    capo4th said:

Is she for real? 

Agreed she has a massive agenda and is in her job for two reasons and two reasons only and basic maths is not one of them.
    Her boobs?
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6401
    Fretwired said:

More cringe inducing than The Office in its prime ! =)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
    Fretwired said:

I watched it live. It was agony.

Whoever it was at Labour HQ who was responsible for sanctioning her appearance on that show, after the UTTER fucking balls-up of a morning she had, deserves to lose their job as much as Abbott deserves to lose hers.
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72764
    capo4th said:

Your implied confidence in Amber Rudd is equally worrying…

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15674
    edited May 2017
    ICBM said:
    capo4th said:

and this right here is the issue, I want none of the available candidates in charge, so I will have to settle for the least objectionable choice available. I have yet to decide who I think that should be, but pretty sure it won't be the tories, who have a solid record of incompetance, whereas the other parties have yet to prove themselves incompetant.

Thank goodness I am able to make up my mind on the evidence I see, I pity all those tribal voters.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• capo4th said:

Is she for real? 

People who think the current Conservative shower of shit needs to go. 

Why does that surprise you? Do you really think they're any better? They've u turned, given the public a fuck-awful referendum, had a pm quit because he'd see it through, but, um, well, other places to be! 

Nah. I don't see labour as being better. Or worse. Or even really different.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I should add, I'm not biased. I despise these people equally. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    ICBM said:
    capo4th said:

We survived Jacqui Smith: we can survive anything.