Pirate Studio People

ijontyijonty Frets: 32
edited April 2017 in Studio & Recording
Hey all

Thought I'd start this thread as somewhere for people who use one of the Pirate Studios around the country.

Seems to be quite a few: https://www.piratestudios.co.uk/

Might be useful for exchanging tips about how to get the most out of the rooms and equipment.

I've already been given some good advice on how to improve the sound of the bad Vox amps they use on another thread:

http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/96850/how-do-you-get-a-clean-sounding-vox-ac30#latest

Also, might be useful if a band needs another guitarist/singer/kazoo/trombone player for a session, or if people want to collaborate on something...

Telecaster American Deluxe, Cornell Romany amp, without the talent to use them properly
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16295
    edited April 2017
    I've used one once, wouldn't be my rehearsal room of choice. I think the amps were an SS Vox and a Roland JC40 (which our singer used for his guitar). We had a lot of problems with the mics which were cheap and abused so if I went again I'd take my own mic. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ijontyijonty Frets: 32
    You're right, the mics are a bit poor, so we take our own along.

Telecaster American Deluxe, Cornell Romany amp, without the talent to use them properly
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    Regular user of the London one here. Hated the Vox amps so brought my Marshall along. Drummer uses his own snare, pedal, stands and cymbals. 

Mics and cables are the cheapest of the cheap and have experienced some borked ones. They are usually pretty good with replacing them though. 

The lockers are a god send! 
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    Also if anyone who uses the London one sings or plays bass...hello!