ebay told me off

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• HaychHaych Frets: 5641
    John_A said:
    Haych said:

I've never had a warning off eBay despite happily using them for free advertising and selling outside of eBay.

I once sold a Marshall 1936 cabinet via ebay, the guy paid cash on collection and as he was leaving he suggested I cancel the sale to avoid fees, told me he did it all the time.

However, ahem, eBay can kiss my rosy red ring!  I'll do what I like with my stuff, thank you very much indeed.  If they want to suspend my account they can go right ahead.  I buy far more stuff than I sell on eBay and I'll just use another platform if they want to play games. 

In the end they will lose out and I will not lose one second of sleep, in fact I may sleep better with a happy contented smile on my face.

I do the same, but totally appreciate eBay getting hacked off, what you do with your stuff is your business until you sign up to eBay and agree to there terms, then it's eBays business as well

If they had fair policies that actually protected sellers and their T&Cs and fees were reasonable then I'd quite happily take the moral high ground.

However, seller beware, they almost always side with a buyer in any dispute, don't give a rats-ass if a buyer changes their mind after committing to buy and the fact they now include P&P in their commission calculations is reprehensible. 

Plus their T&Cs oblige you to accept PayPal which is another few percent off your sale value - when all is said and done I always lose about 20% to eBay/PayPal/P&P whenever I sell anything.

They just reek of greed!  However anyone can make a viable business selling stuff on eBay is beyond me - I looked into it once and even with a proper business account I wouldn't have been able to make anything but a massive loss.

I buy enough stuff on eBay that they're getting commission from the stuff I buy so sod 'em if I choose to play the game to my advantage should the opportunity present itself.  However, that said, If I list something on eBay I'll happily let it run its course if that's the way it goes.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Haych said:

I've never had a warning off eBay despite happily using them for free advertising and selling outside of eBay.

I once sold a Marshall 1936 cabinet via ebay, the guy paid cash on collection and as he was leaving he suggested I cancel the sale to avoid fees, told me he did it all the time.

However, ahem, eBay can kiss my rosy red ring!  I'll do what I like with my stuff, thank you very much indeed.  If they want to suspend my account they can go right ahead.  I buy far more stuff than I sell on eBay and I'll just use another platform if they want to play games. 

In the end they will lose out and I will not lose one second of sleep, in fact I may sleep better with a happy contented smile on my face.

We've got our eye on you, it's all going in the book.

Regards,
    ebay.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    F*#k eBay F*#k them in the a&@e hole! I have  been using them for years, my hermes didn't deliver an item last week, and because my herpes said it had been delivered the case was closed! Whata even worse is the seller has already claimed from my herpes for loss of the package, and I can't move forward due to eBay closing the case, so I have had to go to the credit card company.... 

The icing on the cake is it's for a bleeding vibrator the missus wanted, so I have had to tell literally everyone I bought a god damn dildo! 
    Top post. Have a LOL.

You should really get that herpes seen to though
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    edited April 2017
    F*#k eBay F*#k them in the a&@e hole! I have  been using them for years, my hermes didn't deliver an item last week, and because my herpes said it had been delivered the case was closed! Whata even worse is the seller has already claimed from my herpes for loss of the package, and I can't move forward due to eBay closing the case, so I have had to go to the credit card company.... 

The icing on the cake is it's for a bleeding vibrator the missus wanted, so I have had to tell literally everyone I bought a god damn dildo! 
    Sounds like she was the one who was supposed to be getting fucked, not you.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CarpeDiemCarpeDiem Frets: 291
    I won't use eBay, partly as I'm not keen on how they operate, and also friends have been treated by the company.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12906
    crunchman said:
    I don't really know why everyone mumps about the ebay fees either. In my experience the extra exposure you get on eBay pretty much guarantees you'll *easily* clear the 13% extra you need to sell for compared to anywhere else. 

Rubbish.

They won't take in cheap stuff, but for a decent guitar New Kings Road Guitars only charge 12% on a commission sale.  You will get a lot more for it selling through them than through Feebay.

I'll be sure to pop in next time I'm selling. Its only 450 miles away. 

8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • milambermilamber Frets: 118
    Not directly related, but yet further evidence of Ebay/Paypal greed stuffing the seller. You have to accept Paypal for collection only items, even though we all know that you can't take Paypal for collection items as you have to be able to provide proof of postage or run the risk of getting scammed.

Twice in the last 2 days I've had people pay with Paypal for collection only items that are clearly marked in the listing as "cash on collection only - I am unable to accept Paypal for collection only items, thanks'. To add insult to injury, the one buyer messaged me to say she was drunk when she bought it and would I cancel it and refund her.

In the past I've always had a full refund of Paypal fees when refunding a buyer, but now noticed that they hold back 20p each time so it actually costs me 20p more to refund a buyer than they paid in the first place. I know that 20p is hardly the end of the world, but it's the principle and just more evidence that their greed and contradictory policies are stuffing sellers.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StormshadowGuitarsStormshadowGuitars Frets: 1218
    tFB Trader
    I got a telling off last night when i received a message asking if i'd take a trade :(
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom