Record Store Day

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12902
    Reverend said:
    Its a nightmare for small labels. 
    Massive delays on pressing now due to plants being overloaded with Steps and Aqua runs. 

Yep, plus pretty much every interview with an artist about RSD can be summarised as

---"So, tell us about your involvement with RSD"

---"Well, I spend 11 months of the year offering my fans loads of inducements to buy direct from me and do everything I can to screw record shops like selling direct before the record is officially released, but I've made this snazzy pink vinyl reissue of stuff you all own already so make sure you all support your locals shops by buying it"

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5001
    People buy Steps vinyl???
    I wouldn't have thought so, but they still press it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    paddyb said:
    My local store had a huge amount of the BowPromo's, loads left even though everyone seemed to have one in their hand and I didn't go there until 3pm.

think there are 15000 worldwide with 5000 in UK so not a particularly limited release!

• duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    As someone who buys records from "proper" record stores on a fairly regular basis I shall be giving RSD a wide berth as per usual. The whole thing is becoming something of a bad joke IMO.
    A bit like myself with St. Patrick's Day.  Most of the year I drink in a local Irish bar, except on St. Patrick's Day, I give it a wide berth.
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1843
    RobDavies said:
    Apart from HMV, I couldn't tell you where to buy new records in Southampton.....?

I can't recall Southampton ever having a decent independent record shop.
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    It's all a load of bollocks....in other words I should have got up earlier as I missed out on what I was after!
    Ha ha...my enthusiasm for RSD has been restored....local shop to me (Head Records in Leamington) have received a few more copies of some titles....including the Def Leppard EP I'm after, so one's now put by for me to collect later.

Hurrah!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom