EHX White Finger Compressor

GallagheroneGallagherone Frets: 143
A friend of mine is selling his white finger compressor, and I am in the market for a compressor...

I haven't had a chance to try it out as of yet and wont do for a couple of days, but I wanted to do a bit of research before I plug it in.

Looking online there isn't a massive amount around the pedal and very few videos online (most about the black finger).

Was just wondering if anyone has one or has played one and what your thoughts are?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6081
    I've been wanting to try this one out too. As you say, there's little about it online. From what I've been able to find, it appears to have a lot of squash available (but that doesn't mean it has to be used that way). Peter Stroud has a clip of it and it seems to have that dense upper range compression sound that I love (hard to tell from a youtube video though). Go for it - I'd like to to read a report.
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12907

I used to own one of the big box ones.

I quite liked the sound but it was absolutely massive and needed its own power supply which was a pain.

• Nice sounding, but a bit noisy. I tried one as a total noob and thought the boss cs3 was fatter, maybe more squishy (it doesn't really do low squish) and quieter, and the mxr dyna comp was my favourite by a stretch so I got a visual sound route 66.

Probably a good pedal, but big, needs own power supply and I remember it being noisy.