Sunday papers.....

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15976
To read all week..... :)   what's your tipple?
tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• maidenfanmaidenfan Frets: 197
    Observer, sometimes Saturday's Guardian as well.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72442
    Very rarely these days, but if I do it's always the Observer.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    I think I buy maybe one or two a year now but if I do it's The Observer. My father had the Sunday Times for many years so I remember reading it as a child and teenager, I used to find the Life in the Day thing really interesting if they still do that. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24831
    None - haven't got long enough left to waste time on reading them. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    None either. I haven't bought a hard copy of a newspaper for five years plus. 
  • Mark_RMark_R Frets: 79
    Sunday Times, although it does appear to be getting thinner every time they 'refresh' the look of it.  I pay £2 a week for the subscription and it gets delivered, I would say to the door, but that would be a miss-representation, like selling PPI.

The delivery company used to place it on the door step (have a drive, just longer than a car) and slowly it works it way further away from the house, some times its behind the car and if I'm lucky, its beside the car.

I complained the other day about it being left out in the rain and not placed on the door step and the result was that the wanker threw the paper at the front door at 3am, clamming into the door and waking us all up.  Thats what you get for complaining!
  • AliGorieAliGorie Frets: 308
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9687
    None. Why buy a daily paper that can't be read in day? What with the TV and the internet etc, I can get the news, TV listings, reviews, etc without having to buy a paper.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3083
    I haven't got a walkable papershop now we've moved. I used to like the walk down there to get some milk etc. and I'd end up getting The Sunday Times because all the Observers had gone. I'd sometimes get The Independent on Sunday instead when it was still in print too.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33803
    I read the Oxford Times on the weekend- it gets delivered on Thursday though.
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5629
    edited April 2017
    I used to be a Guardian/Observer reader but became disillusioned with their Brexit reporting, so it's The Times for me now.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13944
    Viz

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Private Eye is the only print journalism that I read.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4185
    Read the Guardian online all week, like the Saturday print edition. Can't stand the Observer so buy the Torygraph as a guilty pleasure.

The news reporting, you could be reading the Times or the Graun, but the Telegraph comment's a bit livelier ;)
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15544
    generally get my news etc in digital format, main downside is it's not so good for getting the fire started.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• KoaKoa Frets: 120
    Scotland on Sunday, if you haven't bought a newspaper in a while, any newspaper, give it a go. Newspapers are the new vinyl!
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15544
    Koa said:
    Scotland on Sunday, if you haven't bought a newspaper in a while, any newspaper, give it a go. Newspapers are the new vinyl!
    does the news sound better from paper then?

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72442
    randella said:
    Read the Guardian online all week, like the Saturday print edition. Can't stand the Observer
    I'm the other way round - I like the Observer, but not the Guardian which I find irritating.

But the closest I ever get to reading a daily paper now is if there's a Metro on the bus...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• polotskapolotska Frets: 116
    edited April 2017