Switching between boards?

What's Hot
zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
I've tried to think about this but my brain just switches off! Basically I have an a/b/y pedal and would like to switch between two pedal boards running into one amp, is this possible or are there problems I may encounter? I guess I'd need some other switcher to run the one guitar into both boards or am I over thinking this and there's an easier option? Some help here would be much appreciated, thank you!
Tomorrow will be a good day.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BeexterBeexter Frets: 599
    Boss LS-2 should be able to do this. Plug your guitar into the input of the LS2 and connect one pedalboard to each of the outputs. Set the LS2 to A/B mode to toggle between the two. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    @Beexter  Thank you for that. Now let's see if my thick as pig shit brain has got this right, a cable goes from send A to the first pedal in the chain of board A, then a cable goes from the last pedal in the chain of board A to return A, Ditto for board B, then the cable from the guitar goes to INPUT then a cable goes from OUTPUT to the amp, is that right? Sorry but I'm not too bright when it comes to this sort of thing!
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    @Zepp76 bingo, and you'll need to be on A-B mode on the LS-2.
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Excellent, I knew there had to be a simpler way than messing around with a/b/y boxes. Thank you once again to Beexter for suggesting the LS-2.
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 599
    zepp76 said:
    @Beexter  Thank you for that. Now let's see if my thick as pig shit brain has got this right, a cable goes from send A to the first pedal in the chain of board A, then a cable goes from the last pedal in the chain of board A to return A, Ditto for board B, then the cable from the guitar goes to INPUT then a cable goes from OUTPUT to the amp, is that right? Sorry but I'm not too bright when it comes to this sort of thing!
    You got it. :)