OD advice needed.

markjmarkj Frets: 914
It must have been asked a thousand times on this forum. I'm looking for a low to medium od pedal that can give me a thick lead tone at low gain. I have a Wampler euphoria that's superb and aThorpy Gunshot. The Gunshot I've only had for a week and still trying to find its sweet spot with my amp. Any advice, recommendations from forum members very welcome.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I'd have said Wampler euphoria... 

Or a tubescreamer. Seriously, try out a visual sound route 808. It's a tubescreamer with a few mods including a bass switch (to increase the bass) and more gain on tap. 

Put the bass switch on, move the gain up near full and you'll have a good od for lead sounds that smooth and fat. 

And incredibly boring ;) I sold mine as smooth and fat just isn't my thing. But it works. 
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7879
    Try a Golden Cello. I'm a clean to low gain guy, this shouldn't be my thing at all, but I adore mine.  Epic pedal, and tremendous fun.  As far as I am concerned, it's a talent booster ;)
  • Possibly a Buffalo FX TD-X,  I'm still gunning for one... if you are into fender blackface tones then you can't go wrong with a crazy tube circuits blackface Stardust works nicely at low volume too it's fairly meaty sounding, or as recommended by @gassage the effectrode blackbird 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Pork Loin's about the best low gainer I've used. Good thick heavy sound.