Laney vc 30 clean channel gone very crackly

midlifecrisismidlifecrisis Frets: 2343
The drive channel is fine, but  the switch seemed to be stuck on the drive position, ie turning it off and on the green drive led still lit. By wiggling the switch i can get  it on clean but its very crackly.  Dont know if its anything to do with the thump it got when the handle broke last week and it hit the pavement.
Im gigging with it tonight, not a problem as i will use the drive channel but turn the drive right down. is it dodgy switch but also what causes the crackling, is it a valve? as said the drive channel is ok not crackling
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I have just changed the preamp valves as i had a spare set ( i suppose i should have done it one at a time to find the culprit but im a bit pushed for time)   and that seems to have cured the noise.. I think the switch might be knackered . i can wiggle it and it stays on the clean channel hopefully but il have to replace it soon
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    I had a similar issue with my VC30. Just squirt a little electrical switch cleaner down the sides of the rocker switch, rock the switch back and forth a few times and it should then switch perfectly. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • Voxman said:
    I had a similar issue with my VC30. Just squirt a little electrical switch cleaner down the sides of the rocker switch, rock the switch back and forth a few times and it should then switch perfectly. 
    will try that, ive got some servisol somewhere.
  • Voxman said:
    sorted, dirty switch it was
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    Voxman said:
    sorted, dirty switch it was
    As they say on the A-Team - 'I love it when a plan comes together!'!   Glad I could help.  :)
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)