Boss sd1 stock version vs sd1w waza craft , worth the extra or not ?!

What's Hot
riffpowersriffpowers Frets: 344
im gonna get myself an sd1 soon for that heavy rock Marshallesque boost .

i was just wondering if it's worth sticking with the stock version or not 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    this bleed thru thingy they complain about on the stocky one I'd never noticed in the past, just got another one but as its a few pedals down my chain with buffered pedals before it I still don't notice it...so for me I'd say just get a 2nd hand one in good condish for about 25 squids...my 'new' one just cost me 27 posted...and looks like new. :-)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72414

If you're going to run it in the loop of an LS-2 the bleed-through isn't an issue, so I would probably try the stock one first… on the grounds that the entire cost of one is probably less than what you would lose on the Waza if you bought one new and didn't like it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • riffpowersriffpowers Frets: 344
    I used to used a stock sd1 a few years ago in front of a jcm800 2204 , I liked it .
    i don't know about the bleed through issue , I just want something that sounds like a good sd1.
    this one will either be straight in on my Mesa or in an ls2 loop in front of a jcm800.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72414
    Do you ever use a strictly clean sound on the Mesa? Or use the SD-1 with the gain above about half, rather than as a boost? If not, then the bleed-through isn't an issue.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    The waza is better, I don't know if it's three times the price better but it is definitely better
  • timmysoft said:
    The waza is better, I don't know if it's three times the price better but it is definitely better
    Another vote for the waza
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2359
    ICBM said:

If you're going to run it in the loop of an LS-2 the bleed-through isn't an issue, so I would probably try the stock one first… on the grounds that the entire cost of one is probably less than what you would lose on the Waza if you bought one new and didn't like it.
    To be fair, if you bought one new and didn't like it you'd just return it under DSRs, surely? You'd be out maybe £5 in postage...
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7805
    I paid £15 for my sd1. Total no brainer. Great pedal and as I always use a tu3 bleed not an issue.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2328
    I've got a Monte allums triple gain nodded sd1 for sale if you're interested.

Sounds great
     £40 delivered uk
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    thomasw88 said:
    I've got a Monte allums triple gain nodded sd1 for sale if you're interested.

Sounds great
     £40 delivered uk
    Get this. 

If you don't I will lol. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.