New job tomorrow

What's Hot
FosterFoster Frets: 1100
Finished my job on Friday, now I'll be starting at new place on monday - a combination of excited and scared shitless!

Been silly busy sorting things out though that I didn't get around to posting my contract in the post, reckon I'll be fine if I bring it in with me on monday - just had a lot of stuff on and it's been tricky trying to find a time when the post office is actually open. 

What tips do you guys have for being the newbie at the office? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    Not posting your contract on time was an interesting decision...

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 986
    A couple sick days off in the first week.

The new guy wouldn't do that would he?....would he?, he obviously must be genuinely ill to do it after only a couple days work.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6393
    Write down people's names in a notebook, it's a nightmare for me in a new office.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17639
    tFB Trader
    Jalapeno said:
    Write down people's names in a notebook, it's a nightmare for me in a new office.

If anyone does anything you don't like make a big show of putting a red x next to their name.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FosterFoster Frets: 1100
    Chuffola said:
    Not posting your contract on time was an interesting decision...

Just a combination of being busy and sorting stuff out for it. Was hoping I'd have my P45 that they want me to post with my contract but I haven't got it - work is insisting that it's going to be put in with my payslip (how I'll collect that i'm not sure).

I can't see any problem with walking in on day one with a fully signed contract and as much info as I can provide. Took me long enough to find my passport so I could photocopy it!
  • FosterFoster Frets: 1100
    Jalapeno said:

If anyone does anything you don't like make a big show of putting a red x next to their name.
    I've no problem remembering my boss's name, worked with him for years and been out drinking with him a few times.
  • Should be fine re: contract (legally at least). 
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2901
    Contract should be ok I've been at my new place a week and not given it in yet since it had to be amended a bit! Watching this thread so I can get some tips as well haha  
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28423
    You don't need to provide the contract in advance. Do take a passport and driving licence though as they'll need to do the legal-to-work stuff.  And make sure everyone knows they make you tea, not the other way around.

Have fun!
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24827
    edited April 2017
    Jalapeno said:
    Lousy advice - make a name badge for everyone - and make sure they wear it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    Park your car in a really daft place, leave your mobile phone on the front seat, go to get it at lunchtime and find a brick had been put through the car window and your phone stolen then spend the rest of your first day crying and dragging everyone in the office into trying to sort out your crisis. 

[ Any resemblance to actual persons living or dead is purely coincidental]
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom