When you get your hair cut, but it got messed up, so you cut away more, until eventually you're bald

What's Hot

Comments

• AustrianJohnAustrianJohn Frets: 1700
    According to the description... "The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear" ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3498
    The link above is to spilling juice on your carpet so you burn the house down. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72591
    Long ago I bought an old Matsumoku-made through-neck bass which had been vandalised like that - it was just after the height of the popularity of the Steinberger 'cricket bat' basses, and the owner had clearly tried to turn his bass into one by cutting the body down to that size. What he obviously hadn't realised is that the position of the bridge has to be relative to the frets, not the body size! He'd moved it about three or four inches forwards to fit on the cut-down body, with the result that the intonation wasn't just out, but in some other musical system entirely :).

But I realised it was a Matsumoku from the style of the laminated neck and a couple of other surviving parts, so I bought it (for £20, I think), cut away the remains of the body and used the neck to make a 3/4-length semi-through set neck for a spare body I had been working on but never got around to finishing. The screw holes the twit had made for the bridge ended up being where the bridge pickup in a P/J set went, which neatly removed the evidence! And shows just how far out his bridge position was...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    Might have got away with it if he'd have lopped the headstock off as well.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30306
    Still, a professional job and a lovely finish.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • john_rjohn_r Frets: 130
    Looks like some weird attempt to turn it into an electric upright bass.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Why does it look like a slice of melon???
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4993
    Neck dive? 
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Rocker said:
    Neck dive? 
    I reckon 
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• rossirossi Frets: 1707
    He found it in his grandads old house along with some pictures  of him playing bass in a band the  early 60.s so knew it wouldnt be worth much as it was old .
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72591
    To be fair, it's actually worth £25 unless the neck is buggered in some unforeseen way. All you need is a donor body and some electrical bits and you could make a perfectly functional bass. It even has four strings on it, which don't look rusty!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>