Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Any opinions on Schecter guitars?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72667
    Schecter will always mean these, to me…

I had one exactly like that except it was Lake Placid Blue. The best-sounding Strat I've ever played, I think - but it had a neck the size of a tree and weighed as much as a house.

And the similar Teles - he had a red one and I think a bound black one, although I might be remembering that wrong.

I don't like any modern Schecters.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebob said:
    Ive always wanted one of thos corsairs!
    Its pretty sweet! The coil taps make it nice and flexible. I need to fiddle with the electronics a bit (the switch and output jack have gone a bit iffy) but I still really like it. 
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2371
    ICBM said:
    Schecter will always mean these, to me…

I had one exactly like that except it was Lake Placid Blue. The best-sounding Strat I've ever played, I think - but it had a neck the size of a tree and weighed as much as a house.

And the similar Teles - he had a red one and I think a bound black one, although I might be remembering that wrong.

I don't like any modern Schecters.
    That looks pretty nice.

How come he seems to have a white t-shirt on yet red sleeves? crazy.
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3835
    Sweat bands. 

Knopfler looks almost dead there. Must have been doing a fair bit of nose candy in those days I guess. 
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11989

I had an 8 string Damien Elite,it was much nicer than my Mexican fenders, as well as more expensive pickups

I now have 2 Hellcat VI, also above Fender Mex level

I would buy a Damien Elite 6 string if I saw one cheap, or their 30 inch baritone Hellraiser http://www.guitarworld.com/review-schecter-hellraiser-c-vi-bch-baritone-guitar

• camfcamf Frets: 1191
    I have a Corsair too and I like it a lot. 

I upgraded the electrics to a Shugz loom and a set of Mojo pickups and with a very nice Bigsby, it's my backup guitar for a bit of variety from the Esquires and Strat. It's a very nicely made guitar that seemed like superb value for money to me. I'd probably only part with it for a Gibson, but that's not high on my list of wants these days as the Corsair cover that base pretty well. 

It's the only Schecter I've owned so I can't comment on other models.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2371
    Loobs said:
    Sweat bands. 
    :))
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17672
    edited February 2014 tFB Trader
    timmysoft said:
    I hate schecters, for me they are always soulless and sterile. I've owned five or six of them and they were all very bland.
    Surely after the third or fourth one you were at the till thinking "Wait a minute, should I really be buying another Schecter?"

My experience has been that they are nice enough far eastern guitars that I wouldn't buy new because they drop like a stone in value, but I would ponder second hand if I needed an inexpensive widdle stick.