Tele scale neck with Gibson style headstock?

Does such a beast exist? Or would o have to buy one with a paddle headstock and shape it?

Reason being I like the neck size and scale on my cheap Tele, but I'd like to use the GForce tuners I bought for my SG shaped build that didn't quite fit.

To confuse matters further, I'd like to put that neck on a jazz master or my crap airline copy. 

If I need to shape it and drill the holes, is that a difficult job for a novice? 

Thanks
Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3301
    tFB Trader
    I made something like that

Both my Tele and strat style have my own 3 a side angled headstock 

I'm not sure if anything is already pre made like that ready to buy 

What about a Lp junior style neck if the fretboard will fit

Good luck anyway
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16780
    get a paddle headtstock and have one cut - one like this

you do get snake head tele necks - but you will never fit the gibson tuners on one  of those

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9874
    @customkits do your necks fit the G Force tuners do you know? I have the Model A ones. The LP Junior necks would presumably be shorter scale wouldn't they?

@wezv yes the paddle type one is what I was thinking would have to do the job, I was hoping to do something like what you did on my Airline but with the holes placed to fit the GForce tuner template. Is it a case of tracing the holes on to drill them, then drawing the shape of the headstock on, roughly cutting just a bit bigger then sanding off up to the drawn lines?
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16780
    pretty much, but sanding is a fairly inefficient way to remove wood.  If free handing a headstock shape you would be better with a fine rasp before sanding.   The important bit here is the tuner holes - no room for error there, but the outline can be a bit more freeform
    I'm going to be honest, I had to google what on earth a fine rasp was :) so that's like a planer is it? Very interesting. Would that work on a guitar body as well in theory? As in, if the shape is almost right but you want to change a bit of it, you could do some of the adjusting with a rasp of some kind?

For the holes, yes that would be the worry that there's no room for error, I presume I'd have to print the template off, trace to tracing paper, then that would trace onto the wood if I did the "shading on the other side of the paper over the lines bit". Actually, that does sound like something I could quite majorly cock up haha
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3301
    tFB Trader
    @customkits do your necks fit the G Force tuners do you know? I have the Model A ones. The LP Junior necks would presumably be shorter scale wouldn't they?

Sorry i don't know about g force tuners but if I was fitting them it would be custom made to fit

I was going to say perhaps gsp basses might make you such a neck if you ask him

I really like the Japanse saw rasps, they are flat and have fine and course sides
    Theyre great for doing necks 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    Thanks for the tips @customkits I shall have a look into the rasps. Re gspbasses though I'm very much operating at the other end of the price scale unfortunately therefore suspect it can't really be done unfortunately