So got a Trio+ and I'm not sure I 'get' it.

What's Hot
LaCathedrale_UKLaCathedrale_UK Frets: 105
As per previous thread, wanted to get a pedal to make my lonely jam sessions a little less lonely and sad - and I'm not sure that I'm barking up the right tree with the Trio. It certainly can read strummed chords and play a bassline and a drumbeat, but... it just seems a bit naff.

For example, it can't 'hear' any riffs at all - so it's got to be straight chords. I'm not a singer-songwriter type so rarely am I thinking of big spacious chord progressions (though i guess I could have an additional step of working out a riff or lick, converting that to a chord sequence then playing it first).

Also, living in the FX loop (so that I can still have preamp distortion on my guitar) means that a) every loop adds more noise, b) the volume controls of the bass/drums/loop are super touch sensitive.

I've only had it about six hours and I'm already thinking of getting shot of it back to Amazon. 

Thoughts?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    It sounds like you were expecting it to play an improvised jam session with you! It won't do that.  :o

Can I suggest you start with his drums, slow it right down and slip some riffs in time. Push the reverb and delay back in the mix and crank up the repeats to give a wash. 

If that works then add some trio bass lines and loops.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • with whose drums? :)
    Just play a chord sequence, anything, get a drum beat going on the Trio then you can manipulate it with the tempo / style control.
    Ah, I see it now! 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9559
    It one of the best devices Ive bought...

Simple tip.

Play a riff. Then, ignore that.

Work out the chords THEN record them on the Trio.

THEN, replay the riff over the new drum beat. And record. :)

The Trio learns best from simple chords and bass.
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 616
    I have one and not really used it at all....i was expecting a whole in one unit where you could have various fx on without using a fx unit ...i suppose i should maybe give it a go...its only been out of the box twice..