That silly facebook "which one have I not seen" thing

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    boogieman said:
    I don't think I understand this at all! Out of Viz's list I've only seen Gary Moore, but I'm not sure that's the point.
    What's supposed to happen is you put up a list on Facebook of people you've seen play live, but you include an odd one you've not managed to catch. People then try to guess which one you haven't seen. It was amusing for about the first five minutes. 

Thank you for explaining this to us non-facebookers.

So presumably it's for the FB-er who thinks they are so well known that others will know their likely preferences.  Kind of a "How much do you know about wonderful Me" quiz...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5007
    Ravenous said:
    boogieman said:
    I don't think I understand this at all! Out of Viz's list I've only seen Gary Moore, but I'm not sure that's the point.
    What's supposed to happen is you put up a list on Facebook of people you've seen play live, but you include an odd one you've not managed to catch. People then try to guess which one you haven't seen. It was amusing for about the first five minutes. 

So presumably it's for the FB-er who thinks they are so well known that others will know their likely preferences.  Kind of a "How much do you know about wonderful Me" quiz...

or it is even possible that some people may have Facebook friends that do know them
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15614
    Ravenous said:
    boogieman said:

i guess it's also a nice way for FB to generate traffic and thus more advertisers. Making money from narcissism, not bad eh...

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12412
    Ravenous said:
    boogieman said:

That's pretty much it. It's actually fairly easy to work out after you've seen a couple. The posters (well the ones I know) will usually put up a list of rock acts and throw in somebody odd like Steps or Max Bygraves. It's never Steps or Max Bygraves (they'll have seen them with their aunty or summat) and you'll already know some of the acts they've seen, so it just boils down to a choice of a couple of bands. Ultimately it's a vanity thing: "oooh look at me, I've seen Guns & Roses AND Val Doonican, aren't I the crazy one everybody!"