Pedal order

What's Hot
zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
Hi all, I'm about to put together a small pedal board and was just wondering if you fine chaps could advise on the pedal order please? I have a Tuner and overdrive (I know they go first in the chain) and then a delay, reverb and tremolo. I'm stuck not knowing what the best order is for those last three pedals, am I right in assuming the reverb goes last? Thank you for your help.
Tomorrow will be a good day.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    There's no rules. Try out a few and see what suits you! In terms of the trem placement putting it last will accentuate the "choppiness." Putting it before reverb and/or delay will blur the effect depending on how much reverb/delay you use. 

Use that as a guideline and experiment based on your settings and likes/dislikes
    How very rock and roll
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8539
    Experiment for sure, but I would personally put the reverb last. The delay and trem is an interesting one, I never really used them together before (both being time based), so didn't really care, but recently I've been running trem after delay, and having both on (without locking times) but subtle and it's a great sound.

So in short, it's personal preference but I'd go tuner - drive - delay - trem - reverb.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4558
    I sometimes have tremolo last to add a "throb" to the whole sound, but as that is such a small number of pedals try them in different orders .. ie a delay into overdrive is a unique sound, as is tremolo into overdrive etc .. 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8539
    Check out the last 20 mins or so of the latest That Pedal Show, they basically run through various combinations of trem, reverb, delay.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    I use trem+delay on a couple of things and I've tried both ways round. At the moment I'm going trem first, it's perhaps a bit more of a traditional sound. But there are a lot of variables in this in terms of what will work for you, just got to try. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.