In the spirit of bashing on the Daily Mail...

What's Hot
Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4452350/Man-denies-kicking-punching-toddler-hard-died.html

This sort of shit makes me fucking livid these days. Since having a kid, I feel actual repugnance when I read these kinds of stories, and I get a real sense of anger and vengeance that builds up in me.

I can't fucking stand that people even discipline their kids with violence, let alone abuse and murder them.

I'm in a total fucking rage right now.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HoofHoof Frets: 494
    I don't read these sort of stories for that exact reason. They make me angry, I get no sort of intellectual or emotional nourishment from them and I can't do anything whatsoever to effect the outcome. The same with stories of muggings, murders etc.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22201
    Absolutely. It's so hard to rationalise that behaviour, to wilfully abuse a small defenceless child over that time period. I can get a 'snap reaction', where someone does something once and something horrific happens, but that systematic or regular abuse is very different. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33806
    I don't read these sorts of stories but they don't make me especially angry.
    I don't really get angry very often.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Wiz'd both as I agree with Drew on the anger and vengeance feelings, and I agree with Hoof on trying to not get embroiled in this stuff too much. If I'm not careful it takes me to a dark place that I struggle to pull away from. My inner vigilante doesn't seem to be a very forgiving person.
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4648
    Our instinct is to protect a child.
    i pretty much turned into the hulk when a bunch of yobs gate crashed my daughters 18 birthday party and threatened the kids with bottles
    But the surprise on the yobs face when tackled to the ground was priceless.
    i truely think they thought they were untouchable. And when I asked the police if I had done anything wrong and they said "no" these kids almost died on the spot 
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17648
    tFB Trader
    I think that reaction happens when things are close to home. 

I feel like you describe when I read stories like that and I notice a lot of pet owners on here seem to react the same way when animal cruelty stories are in the press whereas as someone who doesn't have pets I feel intellectually that it's bad, but it doesn't impact me emotionally.
  • DanjiDanji Frets: 225
    I tend not to read these stories too.  Some things can stay with you forever, and thinking too deeply about this isn't good for me.

It's really difficult being a child up properly.  I remember when Danji jnr was born. It was just me and him, he was in intensive care, and I lived there for the first month going through a shitty time.  And teething, how awful is that??? We never slept, and there's been a lot of pressure, but I never thought about hitting or hurting him.
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803

I cant read these kind of stories without getting all 'raged' either, and its also since I became a Father myself.

I always used to just feel sadness when I heard about these things happening, but since ive become a Dad, ive turned into a complete pussy! Ive seen and read some stuff where kids have been badly hurt/killed, and its moved me to tears. Always just makes me want to pick up my Daughter and hug her...which I generally do. Shes only 3 and still loves a cuddle, so that's ok :)

I have to admit to having extremely violent thoughts when I think of these people do things like this to kids though.

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I think that reaction happens when things are close to home. 

I feel like you describe when I read stories like that and I notice a lot of pet owners on here seem to react the same way when animal cruelty stories are in the press whereas as someone who doesn't have pets I feel intellectually that it's bad, but it doesn't impact me emotionally.

Absolutely. I get really upset over animal abuse, having had animals all my life. I couldn't live without them. 

Kids, though, less so. I understand it, but I don't get that same emotional response. 
  • Off topic, but @Drew_TNBD, sounds like you'll be nothing but a fucking excellent dad. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Off topic, but @Drew_TNBD, sounds like you'll be nothing but a fucking excellent dad. 

I'm guessing he's picked out baby's first guitar and amp as well.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26651
    Drew_TNBD said:

I can't fucking stand that people even discipline their kids with violence
    Try searching for "daddyofive" if you really want to let the rage fly.
    <space for hire>