SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS. Vintage Yamaha SA2000 HUGE PRICE DROP to £697

What's Hot
xDottorexDottore Frets: 274
edited September 2017 in Guitars £
UPDATE: I hate to admit it, but I'd forgotten I had this for sale. It's been in the (nice, airy, dry) basement so as to avoid the Evil Eye for the last months (see below). I'm not one for hoarding nice guitars and someone should really give this a good home, so here's a whacking great price drop to tempt someone. 

At this price (over £400 off), it's really only Buyer collect or I can arrange shipment at your cost.

As ever, tea, coffee, biscuits and terrier to entertain you if you care to come for a strum. The middle of the centre of London.

My Yamaha SA2000 is here for sale for £1,100. 

Serial Number: 075691. Note: this is the vintage model from the late 70s or early 80s and not the current SA2200. Not sure of exact dating but I believe the later models had split coils, and this one doesn’t so probably earlier.

Weight: 8.8 lbs (according to that Internet but I don’t have scales to check—seems about right).

Wine Red colour

Original Yamaha Humbuckers: note, this is a pretty big deal on these guitars as (a) the humbuckers are fantastic and (b) lots of benighted chaps in the early days swapped them out for other things. 

Ebony fingerboard

I bought it last year from a decent eBayer and am only selling it because I bought a Seventy Seven ExRubato a couple of months ago and this is now doing semi-acoustic duties. Actually, also have “Hellhound on my trail” issues and have been threatened with D.I.V.O.R.C.E unless I thin out the collection.

Points to Note:
Pics are below, but there's a fuller gallery on flickr.
- there is some buckle rash but not beyond what you’d expect of a 37 year old guitar (see pics on flickr)
- some minor chipping to paint on top of headstock (see pics on flickr)
- some very, very mild scratching to back of neck (see pics on flickr)
- some tarnishing to the metalwork (see pics on flickr)

I had the guitar serviced by Steve Drennan, at Yamaha Music Store in Soho (receipt available) who said it was one of the best examples he’d ever seen. 

Price I’m asking is what I bought it for, plus you have the benefit of a recent service and tune-up. No case, but can provide a gig bag. Given the age, rarity and general preciousness of the guitar I’d really (really) prefer it collected, but if it has to be couriered I’d only use a decent, slightly more expensive carrier—splitting the difference would be nice. I’m in the centre of London, near the British Museum. All welcome to come and have a play: tea and biscuits, plus small friendly dog and cats for company.

You need an idea of what you are going to do, but it should be a vague idea.

My feedback page: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/91654/
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7156
    Jolyon your gaff looks epic,  nice guitar too of course.

GLWTS
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xDottorexDottore Frets: 274
    Jolyon your gaff looks epic,  nice guitar too of course.

GLWTS
    Thanks, Doc. Wooden flooring courtesy of the finest Albanian Kosovans money can buy (atcherly, they did a superb job) and a baby grand that my wife bought in an auction, sort of by mistake…

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16099
    Have a bump from somebody who has it's twin sister .......same colour everything 
    Why you are selling is beyond me .........one of the best guitars ever - if only 335 s were made this way !
    Dominic said:
    Have a bump from somebody who has it's twin sister .......same colour everything 
    Why you are selling is beyond me .........one of the best guitars ever - if only 335 s were made this way !
    Dominic, thanks for the bump and yes, I sort of agree—it's one of those things that I can see even now that I will regret down the line, but I have to take a stand somewhere! ;-)  Also, I have to say that the Seventy Seven ExRubato is a dream. I have a slightly modded, customized version. As with too many excellent Japanese guitars it is criminally under-known (is that a phrase?) here. 

bumperino

• MASSIVE PRICE DROP bump  =)

• Jolyon that's a crazy price and I'll definitely have it !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I haven't managed to bond with a semi acoustic since I stupidly let my 81 es100 go (Lord knows I've tried).  
  • SOLD, pending the usual. As of 6:49am 22/9/17

• 2nd Dibs please... just in case ;)

• pruddprudd Frets: 660
    Dottore said:
    SOLD, pending the usual. As of 6:49am 22/9/17
    Not surprised at that price
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Now that is a deal.  Lovely guitar btw.
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5040
    edited September 2017
    Shit, I'd have had that! @DrCornelius if you don't bond with it, you know I'm not far away and can collect anytime...!
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • FF I'm on that quest to get back the es100 or the nearest I can to it. If this isn't in the ballpark it will be back on here and I'll give you a shout sir :-)
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6062
    Getting grief for one tiny guitar while the other half brings home accidental baby grand?!!!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16099
    that was a deal and a half ......best semi there is imo
  • WOWSERS 

if still up for grabs ill I'll take it. Today. Before noon. 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • I haven't actually got it yet guys - I'm a fair trek from Dottore and have a few work related things on right now so the lovely Fretfinder did me a huge favour and picked it up for me this week.  It's now safely in Salisbury with him and I'm going to grab it next weekend.
  • Well if you ever tire of it... :grin: 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • Sorry JM but there's a bit of a queue already formed for this on here , I'll gladly have you join it but you are about 4th !.

As I mentioned earlier I really regret having to sell my perfect 1981 Tokai ES100  to buy Gaz  Coombes old 335 for my star struck wife.  She didn't play it at all , just looked at it.

I can't afford what the Tokais go for now but if I can get close with something else I'll be happy.  If this isn't close enough it's not staying and wil be back on here for what I paid for it !