Steve Cropper

What's Hot
HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9696
Just read the excellent Steve Cropper interview in Guitar & Bass. Comes over as a really interesting and nice guy. I'd like to read more. However, for someone who has done so much in his career, I don't seem to be able to find either a biography or autobiography. Unless of course you know differently...?
I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    There are books about Stax, although I don't know how much he'd be featured. 

I saw him live with the Blues Brothers band many, many years ago. I once had a brief email correspondence with the guy who ran the Stax website and he got Steve to email me - so I once had an email off Steve Cropper about the snooker theme tune. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rocktronrocktron Frets: 806
    Listen to the Rod Stewart album Atlantic Crossing for some excellent guitar work on Stone Cold Sober.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3089
    I learned a few of his bits from a "Sitting on the Dock of the Bay" lesson in Guitar Techniques in the 90s which I still rip off shamelessly - fantastic player and songwriter. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    I learned a few of his bits from a "Sitting on the Dock of the Bay" lesson in Guitar Techniques in the 90s which I still rip off shamelessly - fantastic player and songwriter. 
    Same here! His chord work is awesome :o

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi