Final Decision on Band Situation..Advice Welcomed(Now Quit)

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14491
    4. Promoter and Theatre gigs in place???? We had no Theatre gigs booked before I left and I doubt they would get a booking as an incomplete band. I never met the promoter either.
    An act with professional management and confirmed paid engagements pending would not be poncing about on Join My Band.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5861
    4. Promoter and Theatre gigs in place???? We had no Theatre gigs booked before I left and I doubt they would get a booking as an incomplete band. I never met the promoter either.
    An act with professional management and confirmed paid engagements pending would not be poncing about on Join My Band.
    Well, that is true to a point. The Singer does have contact with "some kind of" Promoter though for his 70's Show acts he does and some other 1940's thing. But, I don't know how interested this Promoter was in the Bowie thing or how close the relationship is between the two of them, I can only say it can't have been much as he never met us all or came to listen to us etc.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7346
    @Bellycaster I was taking the piss out of them, not you. I tried to show sarcasm with the winking emoji.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2017
    DefaultM said:
    @Bellycaster I was taking the piss out of them, not you. I tried to show sarcasm with the winking emoji.

Yeah, I know mate, sorry. I guess it still rankles with me that I wasted my time with them  B

And that someone else probably will too.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7346
    I left my originals band 18 months ago after about 5 years or something and I still get pissed off about it.

The main issue is social media. People can paint whatever picture they want on there, and for the people that barely see them in real life they assume that's the reality.
    The people who know them in real life are then left thinking why are you lying? It winds you up knowing that people are coming out with stuff that isn't true to make them look good and you look shit, even if names aren't mentioned.
    DefaultM said:
    I left my originals band 18 months ago after about 5 years or something and I still get pissed off about it.

The main issue is social media. People can paint whatever picture they want on there, and for the people that barely see them in real life they assume that's the reality.
    The people who know them in real life are then left thinking why are you lying? It winds you up knowing that people are coming out with stuff that isn't true to make them look good and you look shit, even if names aren't mentioned.

I wish I knew who exactly was the Guitarist before me, there was one for sure. I'd love to have a chin wag with him :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HHwarnerHHwarner Frets: 137
    edited May 2017
    Was lead guitarist in a busy tribute band for 5 years. The rhythm guitarist formed the band but he caused us no end of drama over the 5 years, was a very lazy/sloppy player who never did anything to improve his technique or sound, was miming his backing vocals so we were really carrying him and when we spoke about it he would blank us. The bigging it up on stage and taking the glory, it all used to boil our piss cos we all knew his input was minimal and quite frankly it was bloody embarrassing, bloody primadonna ha ha . Inevitably it all eventually came to a head and the band folded with major shit flying. We decided to start again under a different name (same stuff) with a replacement rhythm guitarist. The said other guitarist really started spreading shit and basically blamed me for his shortcomings. Nearly destroyed my social life as we had the same group of friends, drank in the same pub etc For whatever bullshit reason they all took his side, "Id actually taken his baby from him" thats what I was told by one :-0. Anyway 18 months down the line and we are a very busy band again, getting great gigs and where is he? still drinking down the pub bandless. Doubt any other band would put up with his lack of  ability and shit attitude. 
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    HHwarner said:
    Was lead guitarist in a busy tribute band for 5 years. The rhythm guitarist formed the band but he caused us no end of drama over the 5 years, was a very lazy/sloppy player who never did anything to improve his technique or sound, was miming his backing vocals so we were really carrying him and when we spoke about it he would blank us. The bigging it up on stage and taking the glory, it all used to boil our piss cos we all knew his input was minimal and quite frankly it was bloody embarrassing, bloody primadonna ha ha . Inevitably it all eventually came to a head and the band folded with major shit flying. We decided to start again under a different name (same stuff) with a replacement rhythm guitarist. The said other guitarist really started spreading shit and basically blamed me for his shortcomings. Nearly destroyed my social life as we had the same group of friends, drank in the same pub etc For whatever bullshit reason they all took his side, "Id actually taken his baby from him" thats what I was told by one :-0. Anyway 18 months down the line and we are a very busy band again, getting great gigs and where is he? still drinking down the pub bandless. Doubt any other band would put up with his lack of  ability and shit attitude. 

Bloody Hell, that's a nightmare @HHwarner , he sounds a total Cunt and your so called "mates" were very gullible to side with him. Glad you got the Band sorted again though and hopefully some of those mates realised what a bullshitter he was.
  • HHwarnerHHwarner Frets: 137
    Iv kept quiet and tried not to bite back all this time but yes they will find out sooner or later. The guy comes across very social and funny/popular but he has a side which is not quite right which rears its head occasionally. Once you have seen it, it completely changes how you view him as an individual.