SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Naked strat headstock? No logo does it necessecarily need a clear coat

What's Hot
if one has bought a strat , high end squire or mim and decides to take off the front and rear writing from the headstock by sanding the decal. Is it absolutely necessary to tru oil or clear coat it?  Clear coat is a pain I got good results doing a decal on a new P bass neck once but on my proposed experiment I want to retain the pale bone like color of the bare maple. Could one apply a totally non staining / colouring type of protection like car wax or  could you get away with nothing . Getting dirty or stained is not a problem over years of use, just wondering if unprotected headstock back and front could really cause any serious damage if accidentally exposed to liquid,  e.g. Beer sweat etc.

thank you for your informed replies, i like the look of a naked headstock and I love the very white finish of some maple necks , Kramer, charvel,   Van halens old necks etc.  Have a great day, best wishes ...Paul
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments