The Making of a Valve Overdrive Pedal

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    Not if you use a shakeproof washer...

How does it look inside now?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_LPaul_L Frets: 52
    edited May 2017
    I do have shakeproof washers but wasnt sure if they would work. Should just give it a try I guess As I can always change it back if not. The insides are partly neater. I tweaked a few things and didnt have the values for components that I needed to hand so used multiple resistors and capacitors to get what I needed. Will wait until I order some more components again for something else and then swap them around. The tape and paper have gone.
    Maintained it for 20 years. This old guitar's had 17 new necks and 14 new bodies in its time.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    I have some clear acrylic washers for 3pdt if you'd like one?  I got them last year from someone on etsy.  
    Thanks, I might take you up on that, but first let me try the shakeproof that I have and see how that goes.  I think the chrome might look pretty good.
    Maintained it for 20 years. This old guitar's had 17 new necks and 14 new bodies in its time.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    Paul_L said:
    Thanks, I might take you up on that, but first let me try the shakeproof that I have and see how that goes.  I think the chrome might look pretty good.
    The shakeproof washer goes on the inside :).

Although you can fit a metal dress washer on the outside under the nut as well.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Oh, yes I have one on the inside but didn't think it would be enough.  I have some studlock - threadlock but stronger, but not so much to make undoing impossible. Might try that as well.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4983
    Fair dues to you @Paul_L, great looking pedal.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum