PSA - ridiculous deal at GuitarGuitar

What's Hot
BucketBucket Frets: 7751
edited May 2017 in Guitar
Just got an email about a spring clearance sale... was scrolling through and noticed this:

http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_guitars_detail.asp?stock=14091812181287

https://www.guitarinteractivemagazine.com/media/1809/metallica_gj2.jpg?mode=pad&width=600&height=400&format=jpg&bgcolor=ffffff&quality=35&rnd=131029556940000000

I've always wanted to play one of these - I assume they are excellent. USA-made, small-shop boutique instruments designed and overseen (and built?) by Grover Jackson - he of starting Jackson Guitars fame.

Check out that RRP - £2699, which is very expensive obviously but around the going rate for lots of stuff like this, including USA Custom Shop Jacksons and the like. They seem to have had trouble shifting them... hence they are now being sold for over £2000 less. Insane.

If I could justify it, I would buy one. I've always liked a Rhoads... black with gold hardware too, my favourite. Hold me back...
- "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• McTootMcToot Frets: 2043
    My pot belly would flop over the neck join, rendering it unplayable and me laughable. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kaypeejaykaypeejay Frets: 782
    Out of stock!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • trolleytrolley Frets: 89
    Out of stock - it says
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3431
    That went quick, it was in stock not too long ago. It did say in the listing that there were paint chips on the fin...

Ive tried a few of the GJ2s and on the face of it they were great value but none of them really grabbed me - they all seemed a bit clinical and the non-recessed FR ones were a bit clunky feeling. Having said that if an Arete 5* came up cheap enough i'd definitely be tempted. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    There was a white one too... wonder if that's still there.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5452
    Completely different planet but they have a Taylor T3/B in black for at a super good price too... £999 nets you a lotta guitar...