New Years Eve fee

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Were doing NYE in a pub we play in 2/3 times a year - we always go down well there and the place will be packed. Were a 9 piece ska band - were getting £1000 and free drinks - unfortunately I'll be driving - but I'll probably taxi some people when I leave for an few extra £!!!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Were doing NYE in a pub we play in 2/3 times a year - we always go down well there and the place will be packed. Were a 9 piece ska band - were getting £1000 and free drinks - unfortunately I'll be driving - but I'll probably taxi some people when I leave for an few extra £!!!!!
    That fee would be acceptable to me. However when divided by 9 would be pushing it a bit for my lot. Thank god there's only 5 of us ;)

Going off subject a bit we did a gig on Friday in Bath as part of the Party in the City celebrations. It astounds me how much bars / clubs can be so mean. We packed out the bar as we went down soooo well, absolutely loved us. I reckon he made the bar around £15-20k that night in bar sales and all we got was a beer each. I know it's a loss leader for the band but eventually bands are going to get sick of this treatment aren't they? Maybe it's getting worse 'cos we just want to play and the venues know it - greedy bar stewards 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • Were doing NYE in a pub we play in 2/3 times a year - we always go down well there and the place will be packed. Were a 9 piece ska band - were getting £1000 and free drinks - unfortunately I'll be driving - but I'll probably taxi some people when I leave for an few extra £!!!!!
    That fee would be acceptable to me. However when divided by 9 would be pushing it a bit for my lot. Thank god there's only 5 of us ;)

Going off subject a bit we did a gig on Friday in Bath as part of the Party in the City celebrations. It astounds me how much bars / clubs can be so mean. We packed out the bar as we went down soooo well, absolutely loved us. I reckon he made the bar around £15-20k that night in bar sales and all we got was a beer each. I know it's a loss leader for the band but eventually bands are going to get sick of this treatment aren't they? Maybe it's getting worse 'cos we just want to play and the venues know it - greedy bar stewards 
    it is mean but presumably you agreed that beforehand?