French Election Result

What's Hot
RockerRocker Frets: 4985
Seems that people across Europe are beginning to reject Far Right politics in favour of Centrist thinking. But complacency should not set in as it only takes one or two events to change the situation.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HoofHoof Frets: 491
    Obviously the better result but they didn't have great set of options in the end.

A neo nazi vs a Rothschild banker.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6083
    I was hoping the European elections would make Juncker back pedal a bit on his 'UK must be punished' policy. That's not going to happen, quite the reverse.Probably thinks it gives him free rein to give us a sound thrashing and no supper.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6393
    A third of the voters DID vote for a neo-Nazi, ISTR she "only" got circa 20% last time .......

And purlease !!!!! This Rothschild Banker tag is code for "wealthy jew" - they were a global force 100yrs ago, but not really anymore.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24379
    This is the story of Colin. A Brexiteer and someone who hoped Le Pen would get in...

And why is this funny?

Because.....

ha hahahahahahaha!!!!

(It seems he's been in the news before, according to google anyway)
    8reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Rocker said:
    Seems that people across Europe are beginning to reject Far Right politics in favour of Centrist thinking. But complacency should not set in as it only takes one or two events to change the situation.
    They haven't though, Austria, Netherlands and France have voted in huge numbers for the Right, not enough to elect them but all increased their representation. This proves what I said two weeks ago, the alarm bells are ringing but no one is listening.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6393
    Agreed.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Can't believe we live in an age where wanting control of your borders is now described as Far Right.

Far Right used to mean literally stabbing and killing people who you didn't like because of their race or nationality. Now it seems to be used for anything that isn't a Guardianista viewpoint.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 12reaction image Wisdom
    Jalapeno said:
    A third of the voters DID vote for a neo-Nazi, ISTR she "only" got circa 20% last time .......

And purlease !!!!! This Rothschild Banker tag is code for "wealthy jew" - they were a global force 100yrs ago, but not really anymore.
    It wasn't really code at all, Macron did work for the the French Rothschild bank, who are are still a factor in Globalist economics, before he came into politics. There was no anti-semitic sentiment in my statement, I simply meant that he will be an puppet of the banks and corporations.

Farage vs Blair wouldn't be a great set of choices but I'd vote Blair just to stop Farage.
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    Hoof said:
    It wasn't really code at all, Macron did work for the the French Rothschild bank, who are are still a factor in Globalist economics, before he came into politics. There was no anti-semitic sentiment in my statement, I simply meant that he will be an puppet of the banks and corporations.

Because he once worked for a bank, he's now their puppet?
    I'm enjoying the reaction from some areas of the media.

Some outlets who described 52-48 as "overwhelming" are now saying 66-34 is "narrow"

Bless them.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
    jellyroll said:
    Hoof said:

Because he once worked for a bank, he's now their puppet?
    Well he comes to politics from banking. I'd be surprised if he wasn't.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Let's see if he's a lame duck president with little power. He wants to 'scalp' the City of London and move 20,000+ bankers to Paris. That will require a massive change to French employment law and a cut in taxes which won't be popular, and many on the left don't want lots of bankers in France so he may have a difficult time after the June elections.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • snakemanStoosnakemanStoo Frets: 1708
    I'm wondering if he's getting a little concerned by the seemingly constant comparisons to Napoleon. 
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    I'm enjoying the reaction from some areas of the media.

Some outlets who described 52-48 as "overwhelming" are now saying 66-34 is "narrow"

Bless them.

Well it makes sense when you consider the media narratives that are regularly spun. So in the first instance we should all be scared because we're all surrounded by invisible Brexiteers. In the second instance we should all be scared because we're surrounded by invisible nazis.

Don't read newspapers and don't pay attention to the media. That's the only solution!
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Can't believe we live in an age where wanting control of your borders is now described as Far Right.

Far Right used to mean literally stabbing and killing people who you didn't like because of their race or nationality. Now it seems to be used for anything that isn't a Guardianista viewpoint.
    Is she not on the left of the economic spectrum?

https://www.politicalcompass.org/crowdchart?Sarkozy=5.0,2.0&LaGarde=4.0,-3.0&Bayrou=-1.0,-5.0&Melenchon=-8.0,-8.0&Cosse=-6.0,-6.0&Hollande=-3.0,-4.0&Le+Pen=-4.0,7.0&name=Dupont-Aignon&ec=3&soc=4

I can believe that border control is seen as Far Right, because so many people don't actually pay attention to the rest of their policies & ideas. People say France has breathed a sigh of relief, the other way of looking at it is that the French have rejected ALL of the mainstream political parties & politicians.

The comparison between Blair vs Farage is wrong. Blair was an MP for 11 years before becoming leader of the opposition, and the party was 97 years old when he became PM. Actually I am pretty certain we have no direct comparison in the UK with Macron and his party little more than a year old.

Farage vs a random would be closer.

• SporkySporky Frets: 28404
    Garthy said:
    People don't seem to understand the difference between economic wing and liberal vs authoritarian, which is the root of a lot of political commentary idiocy.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    Sporky said:
    Garthy said:
    People don't seem to understand the difference between economic wing and liberal vs authoritarian, which is the root of a lot of political commentary idiocy.
    Well economic policies are heavily intwined with how liberal or authoritarian a government is. You can't really separate them and none of this stuff exists in a vaccuum.

Brexit Domino Effect.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601

Brexit Domino Effect.
    They're not dominoes .. where are the white dots ... :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    edited May 2017
    It seems that the pro-Le Pen LeaveEUOfficial Twitter account is very upset at the result.  Odd that these pro-Fascist Brexiteers are also marking VE Day. Wish they'd make up their minds.