SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Pete Cornish modified Fender Deluxe Reverb Re-issue. **PRICE DROP**

What's Hot
jimkehoejimkehoe Frets: 208
edited May 2017 in Amps £

1993 Fender Deluxe Reverb Re-issue with a twist.

£1000
£900.

£850

This has been modified by Pete Cornish as a one off (with verification/provenance) so that both channels now have their own separate and independent mid controls that allow you, if you wish, to fill out the natural scooped blackface tone of the amp and approach tweedy and fuller bodied tones as required. Also each can be set to be even more scooped if wanted or alternatively easily altered to suit which ever guitar you are using.

In all other aspects it is stock.

Just in case anyone is not aware of who Pete Cornish is he is an electronics guru that builds effects, routing, switching systems and all manner of magical gizmos for the likes of David Gilmour, Brian May, Carlos Santana, Paul McCartney, Pete Townsend, Metallica etc etc.....

It is a great sounding amp.  

At the risk of being innundated with messages stating the obvious I have offered @Gassage first choice but a this time he does not want it.

Collection only from Surrey. No trades needed at this time.
Any questions please ask.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f249/jimkehoe1/Pete Cornish Deluxe reverb/fullsizeoutput_3527_zpsiq5fhzhj.jpeg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f249/jimkehoe1/Pete Cornish Deluxe reverb/fullsizeoutput_34cd_zps498sjx8m.jpeg
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9542
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jimkehoejimkehoe Frets: 208
    jimkehoe said:

At the risk of being innundated with messages stating the obvious I have offered @Gassage first choice but at 
    this time he does not want it.

Wazmeister said:
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    Price?
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    It was up at £1000 earlier.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9542
    Ah sorry mate, never read the whole thread
    BBBlues said:
    Price?
    Sorry I edited it slightly and somehow removed the price. £1000.
    Now amended.

Ah sorry mate, never read the whole thread
    No problem - I was only joking ! 
    Just thought if I hadn't put that half the FB members would have chimed in. Quite happy for piss takes and derogatory remarks re @Gassage though  =)
    .......Or me for that matter.  =)
    I have been playing this a lot today and the mid controls are even more useful than I originally thought. I currently have a Strat, Tele, Cabronita with TV Jones and a Les Paul special with P90s - For the first time ever I can get my ideal sound on all my guitars whereas previously any Silverface/Blackface would favour one whilst being a massive compromise on others. Great stuff.
    weekend bump

Having scratched the EL84 itch as a result of buying @miserneil's Bad Cat 15R (Which half the fb members have owned!) this great amp is now surplus to requirements. 

If I had the space I would definitely hang on to it but the downsize to the country means my days of having 3 or 4 great amps are long gone.
    If you have always liked the Fender blackface sound and particularly if you have been tempted by Louis amps or other boutique builders who have updated the Princeton/Deluxe flavour by addressing the lack of mid control this is seriously worth considering.

If anyone wants to give it a blast and try it out without committing first you are welcome to come round and give it a go.

Willing to listen to sensible offers.

I have had a few trade offers which I'm not really looking for.

The only trades I would consider which would probably be a temporary measure would be either a Suhr Badger or a Swart space tone reverb with a night light.
    Price drop - Now £900.
  • MarshallMarshall Frets: 362
    jimkehoe said:

The only trades I would consider which would probably be a temporary measure would be either a Suhr Badger or a Swart space tone reverb with a night light.
    Good taste sir ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.” Einstein

Feedback link -  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/133389/marshall#latest

• BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2220
    I'm wondering if it would be possible to use this whereby a boost in the mids could be footswitchable?

I would say not unless you modded it further. 
    However it is easily accessible and really tailors the sound to what you want.

Marshall said:
    jimkehoe said:

Good taste sir ;)
    Thank you.

Further price drop. £850.
  • variplexivariplexi Frets: 108
    Which speaker do you have in there?
    variplexi said:
    Which speaker do you have in there?