Definitely looks like the same universe .. splendid

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls053181649/videoplayer/vi3348543769?ref_=hm_hp_i_2

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7162
    Yep, looks great. Space Drive. I'm in. 
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    Oh hell yes !  Vangelis soundtrack too by the sound of it !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Bit worried about two things:

- It looks like it's going to be explicit about Ryan Gosling being a replicant
    - Too much action in the 'modern' sense; people jumping about on wires in front of green screens

Hope I'm wrong on both of those points. Because it actually looks quite cool aside from those two things.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    edited May 2017
    Slight thread hijack, but I recently watched a documentary about Vangelis which was completely mindblowing - I assumed he composed his music in the traditional classical way, or the 'traditional' multi-track recording way. No.

Not only can he not read music, he composes and plays his compositions *in real time*, while watching the movie, using an array of linked sound sources, controlling the mix of sounds using separate volume pedals for each one. Pure genius.

For what it's worth I think the Blade Runner soundtrack is his best and most inventive work overall, although most of the others are good too. Hopefully the new one will be similar…

Oh, and he's a reasonably good painter too!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    Looks great to me. Looking forward to it.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    I'm cautiously optimistic...
    Just not about this film.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22138
    I'd like to run a Voight-Kampff test on the forum's favourite photographer. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484

"You see a chav lying on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun.  But you're not helping... why is that..."

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Ravenous said:

"You see a chav lying on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun.  But you're not helping... why is that..."

hahahahaaha!
  • ESchapESchap Frets: 1428
    ICBM said:

Do you think he'd quote to do my lounge? 

Cautiously excited about the film too ...
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28271
    I assume it'll be absolutely awful.

This approach has served me well recently, as it means that mediocre films are less disappointing.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27009
    I have high hopes and low expectations. At least Denis Villeneuve being in charge gives it a fighting chance. Unlike Alien Covenant...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Sporky said:
    I assume it'll be absolutely awful.

This approach has served me well recently, as it means that mediocre films are less disappointing.
    I agree .. that was an uninspiring film trailer .. I hope it's not all high action and mediocre script with no story line and cliched dialogue.  Scott has been busy of late.

I see the new Alien film got five stars in the UK press although it's not an Alien film .. whatever that means. Not for the squeamish apparently. The reviewer felt sick .. 

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!

• BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    ICBM said:
    Slight thread hijack, but I recently watched a documentary about Vangelis which was completely mindblowing - I assumed he composed his music in the traditional classical way, or the 'traditional' multi-track recording way. No.

Not only can he not read music, he composes and plays his compositions *in real time*, while watching the movie, using an array of linked sound sources, controlling the mix of sounds using separate volume pedals for each one. Pure genius.

For what it's worth I think the Blade Runner soundtrack is his best and most inventive work overall, although most of the others are good too. Hopefully the new one will be similar…

I did not know that - interesting!
    Can you remember the name of that doc?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    BigBearKris said:

I did not know that - interesting!
    Can you remember the name of that doc?
    Vangelis and the Journey to Ithaka

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    Thank you kindly. 
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921
    ICBM said:

I need to see that Doc.

Jalapeno said:
    Oh hell yes !  Vangelis soundtrack too by the sound of it !

Friad not. Johann Johannson. He did Arrival, so a more sparse sound affair. He's taken some of the themes from the original (in the trailer anyway), so hopefully it'll retain some of the beauty.

Drew_TNBD said:
    Bit worried about two things:

- It looks like it's going to be explicit about Ryan Gosling being a replicant
    - Too much action in the 'modern' sense; people jumping about on wires in front of green screens

Hope I'm wrong on both of those points. Because it actually looks quite cool aside from those two things.

I guess this is a serious concern for me too. I'm a massive Blade Runner fan, so I'm super pleased to be getting something new in the same universe, but I am under no illusions that it's going to come anywhere near the original in terms of visual, audio, and emotional impact.

Plus, I kinda wish Deckard wasn't in it. This harping back shit is just nostalgia.

• SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    My favourite film. Must have watched it over 100 times. I like the look of the sequel.
    If its a quarter as good, it will be great