Trump sacks FBI head James Comey !

What's Hot
Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24320
Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22138
    Sacked for giving out wrong information. 

The do as I say not as I do President reign continues. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2478

convenient, especially considering he's in charge of the investigation into the Russian links to Trumps campaign.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11877
    He has become a liability.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    FX_Munkee said:

convenient, especially considering he's in charge of the investigation into the Russian links to Trumps campaign.
    There's almost no doubt that he's been looking for an excuse to get rid of him since he said they were investigating
    Stop crying, start buying
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    I think you guys are being a but unfair.

It was the Attorney General's idea to sack Comey and Trump supported him. He lied to Congress and didn't admit he was wrong. 

I also think it's wrong to blame Trump in the Russian scandal, most of it is either his Advisers and staff being friends with Russian Politicians or supposedly lying to him. 
    10reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755

It was the Attorney General's idea to sack Comey and Trump supported him. He lied to Congress and didn't admit he was wrong. 

I also think it's wrong to blame Trump in the Russian scandal, most of it is either his Advisers and staff being friends with Russian Politicians or supposedly lying to him. 
    ...but Trump firing directors sells so well!
    edited May 2017
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    FX_Munkee said:

"James Clapper, who served as director of national intelligence during the Obama administration, stood by past assertions that he had no evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government. Asked by Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., whether that assessment is still accurate, Clapper said: “It is.”

Clapper admitted he also was not initially aware of the FBI’s counterintelligence probe into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election. But he said if there was any evidence of collusion, it “didn’t reach the evidentiary bar” needed for an intelligence assessment issued earlier this year. Clapper, further, reiterated that his team could not corroborate the contents of an infamous anti-Trump dossier that was shared with officials earlier this year."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/08/yates-says-flynn-could-have-been-blackmailed-clapper-knocks-collusion-narrative.html

• MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    I hope if I and my associates are ever under investigation for serious offences that I too have the power to sack whomever is leading those investigations
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566

The Attorney General being Jeff Sessions...who recently recused himself from the Russian investigations after revealing that he held two undisclosed meetings with the Russian ambassador last year.  Obviously, for Sessions, divorcing yourself from the investigation and then sacking the man in charge of it poses absolutely no questions regarding your involvement/non-involvement.  None at all.

New fangled trading feedback link right here!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    I'm getting the feeling that Trump may have actually jumped the shark on this one. It's getting to something when you make Nixon look "not that bad".
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22138

And the Oscar for Best Trump Presidency Apologist post goes to... 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073

And the Oscar for Best Trump Presidency Apologist post goes to... 

And the award for leaping to conclusions based on snippets of information fed to us by the media goes to.....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24286
    Pasted from FB.

The position of Director at the FBI lasts for 10 years to help keep the individual above politics. Comey is a Republican and was appointed Director by Obama back in 2013.

Last July, Comey reopened the investigation into Clinton's emails days before the US election, which absolutely ruined Clinton's chances. There was nothing bad found in the emails anyway. That isn't the only thing that upset Democrats. He announced the investigation into the emails but DIDN'T announce that they were also investigating links between Russia and the Trump campaign. Great news for Republicans, bad news for Democrats. To be clear, Russia did interfere with hacking, leaks about Clinton, and fake news.

The accusation here is that Trump's team coordinated with Russia to make deals over sanctions placed by the Obama administration and to attack Clinton before the election. If it's proven that the Trump campaign worked with Russia and against Obama then they're in biiiiiiiiiiiiig trouble. Interfering with the election is possibly worse. So that was last year.

Skip to now and the FBI are still investigating the Trump-Russia connection. It's looking really bad. People close to Trump have been attending regular meetings with Russian officials and have been caught lying about it. If you've heard about Mike Flynn, he's a guy that who's already been fired for this. Obama warned Trump about him but he was only eventually sacked right when his involvement was about to be announced by journalists. Perhaps most worryingly, Attorney General Jeff Sessions is also among the people meeting with the Russians and lying under oath about doing so. They're all looking very guilty.

So what's happening now and why was Comey fired? In the background, in secret, the FBI has been investigating Trump. It's gotten to the point where a Federal Grand Jury is involved. That's a secret panel kept from the public to protect those being investigated (they might be innocent after all). We shouldn't know about it but it becomes public once subpoenas are sent out. These are requests for information, interviews, records etc that could be relevant in determining whether the investigation should lead to a full court case.

Yesterday CNN broke the story that Federal Grand Jury subpoenas have been sent out for information on top Trump officials relating to the connection between the Trump campaign and Russia. He's in trouble. However, here's a plot twist. A short while before the news of the subpoenas broke, Trump suddenly fired James Comey as FBI Director. That's the big news that everyone is talking about right now.

Why was Comey fired? According to Trump it's because of his statements about Clinton's emails in July 2016. Despite approving of Comey's actions and publicly praising him, he apparently now feels it's time to get rid of him for it. A year later. And this sacking came as a recommendation from Jeff Sessions, who is literally being investigated for lying about meeting with Russians. You can't make this up. To make matters worse, Comey was due to testify at national security hearings tomorrow. Just two days before he gets to speak he was fired.

To summarise: A US President, whose campaign and administration is being investigated by the FBI for connections with Russia, has sacked the person in charge of those investigations as recommended by someone also being investigated. They did this on the same day that news was to break of subpoenas being sent confirming that the FBI investigation is taking place. And it's all apparently because of what Comey did, and the Republicans approved of, a year ago.

Many people including Republican senators are standing up against this and requesting that an independent investigation be carried out. The fear is that Trump will appoint a new FBI Director who has been compromised. These actions make Trump above the law in a way that Presidents really shouldn't be. This is a big part of what the US is and stands for. It's not the first time Trump's actions will be described as unconstitutional.

What's Trump been up to the last few days during all this? Well, he changed his Twitter cover pic to add a statement saying he definitely has no ties to Russia. He wrote in the letter to Comey that he has no ties to Russia. And today he's literally meeting with a Russian Foreign Minister. As someone else pointed out, it would be like Nixon adding "I AM NOT A CROOK" onto every letterhead. If you wrote this as fiction in such a way to make someone as guilty as possible, to go out of their way to look unbelievably guilty, you'd end up with something like this mess.

Think about it. If they're willing to fire Comey yesterday in order to halt or take over the investigation and risk looking this guilty, imagine how bad the truth is that they're trying to hide.

So that's what's going on.

1reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2017

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9676
    Freebird said:
    Is that zigzag line really supposed to be a signature? First time I looked at it I thought the first bit read 'anal' and now I can't un-see it.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • ESchapESchap Frets: 1428
    Do you think that Trump's real name is  Ronaldo Gump .... seems to be what the signature says ... or maybe he's just illiterate.
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    ESchap said:
    Do you think that Trump's real name is  Ronaldo Gump .... seems to be what the signature says ... or maybe he's just illiterate.

I don't think either of those is true.