Post Walk Update - London Legal Walk

What's Hot
rlwrlw Frets: 4704
edited May 2017 in Off Topic
I hope that this post doesn't breach any forum rules.  Let me know if it does please, or remove it if necessary.

Anyway, on the 22nd May, I, and my intrepid all female team, will be walking 10k through London to raise awareness of, and funds for, the London Legal Support Trust.

This is a charitable organisation which raises money for the simple purpose of giving it to NfP agencies providing, otherwise unavailable, legal services to those most in need of them.  Yes, you might think, the legal profession should be doing that anyway, and it does via pro-bono and volunteering in CABx and law centres.  

This money is used to help those at the bottom of the pile who are, otherwise, helpless.

My little team will join teams from city firms, the CPS, dozens of chambers, DJs, the MoJ and associated firms.  It's a bit of a laugh, if it doesn't rain and the air is breathable; we'll all have a drink or two afterwards, but it is for a very good cause.

You can read more about the Walk and it's aims by visiting my donation page.  We're trying to raise £1000 but hopefully we will make more.  If everyone on here gave one pound, that would get us well on our way.

Many thanks for reading.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=ChanceryBookKeeping2017&isTeam=true
Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    I'm in, seeing that date is my birthday.

And, you know what we say:  Pics or it didn't happen!

• rlwrlw Frets: 4704
    There will be pics. It ought to make the national news too.

and thanks for your support :-)
    It's today.  Give us a couple of quid.

Seriously, it's a big deal and all donations will be welcome.  My little team had raised over £1600 so far but we need more.
    Every little helps.

Thanks chaps
    Thanks to everyone on here who donated,  As we know, every penny helps.  In the end, and maybe a bit more still to come, me and the girls raised over £2100.  The walk total is about £800,000, which is pretty impressive.

Walk done in two hours which, given the size of the crowd - over 12,000 - all going the same way at the same time, wasn't too bad.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    Good work, that!
    edited May 2017
    I'm very pleased I must say.  Pictures here - not us I'm afraid
    https://www.lawgazette.co.uk/news/london-legal-walk-picture-gallery/5061240.article