NGD - Yamaha 611VFM - now arrived!

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    mbe said:
    The 611s come from the factory with 9s so that might explain the difference between yours and the one on the Yamaha shop.

The previous owner might have just gone up a gauge to 10s without making any changes to the vibrato* bridge.

*I refuse to call it a tremolo. It's the only thing Leo Fender got wrong. 
    I find the term 'vibrola' more musical to the ear.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    edited May 2017
    HAL9000 said:
    Voxman said:
    The gig bag it came with isn't the best, but will do for now.  I'd like to find a hard case for it - if anyone knows of anything going cheap that will fit, please give me a shout!  Best value I've found so far is £39.99 from Gear4Music (black) or £44.99 (tweed).
    Be aware, when  buying a hard case that the Pacifica is somewhat larger​ than a Strat.
    As per another thread, I bought this case from Gear4Music (very good value btw) and you're quite right that the Pacifica is slightly larger than a Strat, but I can confirm this case does fit the Pacifica.  

http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/103876/gear4music-no-voucher-codes-but-ordered-anyway-new-case-just-arrived#latest

For £5 less they do the same case in black, but I fancied tweed for my Strat.

I've put the Pacifica in the Hiscox case I had for my '69 Strat.  The Strat was a little 'loose' in the Hiscox case and I had to use a pad to secure it. But its perfect for the Pacifica. The Strat is now in the new tweed case.  This was always the intention btw, not a post purchase decision, because the Hiscox is rugged (pretty much indestructible!!) and perfect for taking out the 611 to rehearsals, gigs etc.  But because my '69 Strat now stays at home, a prettier but less rugged case (by Hiscox standards!) is now fine for it.  

http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Electric-Guitar-Case-by-Gear4musicTweed/7ZZ

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    Guys (esp @ICBM) if I change from 10's to 9's is there anything I have to do to re-adjust the trem set-up?
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)