Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Reviews always sink to lowest denominator

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Well some things actually do cover metal and non metal genres. My Dual Rectifier Roadster certainly does.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Thing is... metal isn't the lowest denominator; not by a damn sight. Unless I completely missed the OP's point... which is totally plausible.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited February 2014
    As OP I am just making a couple of clarifications as sometimes ppl take the thread away from initial intention:

I am not calling Metal Fans or the genre 'lowest denominator - simply that Reviewers revert to it!  As to whether something gets a full star rating is often determined if it can do 'Metal' too... My point was if you read Total(ly useless) Guitar, etc then if it is a great for Metal piece of gear they wouldn't deduct for the fact it didn't do Blues of Folk very well....
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • So which beloved piece of your gear have they given poor marks to because it wont do metal?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    [quote="ROOG;158975"]
    Amps with people personalities I like it, perhaps we could start a thread.Mine would probably say. "but why would you play with that thr when you can warm the room with my valves?"

You clearly own a rare example of the Fender Jessica Rabbit ;-)
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2928
    57Deluxe said:
    As to whether something gets a full star rating is often determined if it can do 'Metal' too... My point was if you read Total(ly useless) Guitar, etc then if it is a great for Metal piece of gear they wouldn't deduct for the fact it didn't do Blues of Folk very well....
    I have to say I've never seen this.
  • Is dobro the correct answer? Oldest of old school blues and literally heavy metal

;)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...