Helix LT compared to Helix

What's Hot
RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
edited May 2017 in FX

I think Line 6 have played a blinder with the LT. Usually the stripped down version of something is less desirable than the full fat version but as a helix owner I think I prefer the look of the LT and the stripped features aren't really anything I would use. I love the way the main screen will show the pedal assignments instead of scribble strips.

Bastards! How can I feel the whiff of GAS for a lesser device? It doesn't make sense!

I want the pedal assignment block display for the Helix!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2197
    I've got a Helix LT. The only very minor disadvantage (and it's not a big issue to me) is that, in stomp box mode, you're limited to 8 options whereas I believe the full fat Helix allows 10 at a time.

Apart from that, I don't miss anything that the full fat Helix has. I prefer the look of the LT and the fact that it's slightly smaller and lighter.
    It's not a competition.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7803

I think Line 6 have played a blinder with the LT. Usually the stripped down version of something is less desirable than the full fat version but as a helix owner I think I prefer the look of the LT and the stripped features aren't really anything I would use. I love the way the main screen will show the pedal assignments instead of scribble strips.

Bastards! How can I feel the whiff of GAS for a lesser device? It doesn't make sense!

I want the pedal assignment block display for the Helix!

I hear that. Given the choice I would have bought the LT, feature list is perfect.
  • gibsongretschfangibsongretschfan Frets: 1050
    edited May 2017
    Anything with a more streamlined and minilist design LOOKS better but god damnit I've wanted actual scribble strip for years and was probably the biggest selling point for me so you can shove your Aduddas 3 Stripe Helix LT's because only the real deal will do over here

edit: I'm shallow I know
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994

the ability to have presets labelled as;

{singers name}          {eats}      {crusty}      {dick}

All with pretty lights is worth the extra £££ alone :)

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    edited May 2017

I have a preset called "All Bass Players Suck"

Helix preset insults is the new Rock 'n' Roll

#helixpresetinsults

• SporkySporky Frets: 28367
    [My other] [modeller] [is a] [Fractal]
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • [youre][a][strong][confident][woman]
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24342
    [Rule] [2] [Bass] [Player]
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7961
    The LT is a great product for L6. 
  • Digital_IglooDigital_Igloo Frets: 379

You're welcome. We'll gladly manifest first world problems.
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    edited May 2017
    I have to admit I'm thinking about one. I've been using a pedalboard with my delays etc on a switchable loop. But the tap dancing is getting me down. To me the smaller the better. 
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3876
    [Save] [me] [from] [this] [digital] [hell]
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    LT is great - came along just as I was about to pull the trigger on one of the full fat ones! My tap dancing was a thing of the past anyway as I use an FX8 but the simplicity of the Helix has sold me and I used it at rehearsal the other day in prep for a gig. FX8 has served me well every weekend live tho :)
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941

You're welcome. We'll gladly manifest first world problems.
    Lol'd !

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9553
    I've got a Helix LT. The only very minor disadvantage (and it's not a big issue to me) is that, in stomp box mode, you're limited to 8 options whereas I believe the full fat Helix allows 10 at a time.
    Well, I'm brand new to Helix world; I ordered a LT which I have enjoyed SO much, but Ive returned mine to the dealer to swop for a Full Fat... 

The reasons as outlined by Stratman above. The extra 2 options work better for me, as do the strips
  • I've got a Helix LT. The only very minor disadvantage (and it's not a big issue to me) is that, in stomp box mode, you're limited to 8 options whereas I believe the full fat Helix allows 10 at a time.
    Well, I'm brand new to Helix world; I ordered a LT which I have enjoyed SO much, but Ive returned mine to the dealer to swop for a Full Fat... 

The reasons as outlined by Stratman above. The extra 2 options work better for me, as do the strips
    Ahhhh, all makes sense now! Was wondering why you were selling after saying you were loving it! :-) Great news, mate!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922