2014 Gibson Trini Lopez 335

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• MarkGAKMarkGAK Frets: 118
    Hey @markGAK, any chance of a bit of insider info on when the Trini Lopez's will be available?  ;)
    Unfortunately not at the moment. We've not heard anything from Gibson. I'd highly recommend dropping me a PM if you're interested though. That way, I can get in touch as soon as I know anything.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4139
    edited February 2014
    ESchap said:Lake Placid and Pelham Blue were late 50's Cadillac colours originally  ... so they are closely related, other than being blue ...  :P  
    Blue ice was a mid 60's Ford colour and therefore clearly a cheap pretender ... and a CBS colour ... phaa  ...    :-S

Lol, I know that - have you ever seen
    Pelham on a Fender though? ;)

Blue Ice is nice though - especially when it's aged and yellowed a little bit. B-)

*edit* What's going on with this quote format?!
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    There was some paint expert chap interviewed in Guitarist a while back (the issue the reviewed the new versions of the AVRIs).

He explicitly stated LPB and Pelham were The Same. Which was my point :)
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4139
    edited February 2014
    Lixarto said:
    There was some paint expert chap interviewed in Guitarist a while back (the issue the reviewed the new versions of the AVRIs).

He explicitly stated LPB and Pelham were The Same. Which was my point :)
    He's wrong.

LPB has a Dupont code of 2876L, Pelham is 4038L. If they were the same formula, then Dupont would use the same code. They're very similar, but not the same. :)

Besides, they were applied very differently anyway over differing basecoat colours & types - this alone stops them from giving the same appearance, even if just one formula was used.

*edit* If you ask me, Blue Ice (DuPont 4692L) is much closer to Pelham Blue anyway - LPB is too dark for one thing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EdGrip said:
    Do let me know how you get on with that dodgy looking 335 replica site - maybe now is the time to confess that I've always had a filthy crush on the brown/cream Tom Delonge 335 and always wish they made one with proper pickups....
    I just ordered a customised Trini - ebony 'board, access plate on the back from the ES-333. I'll let you know how it turns out! 

I take it you've seen the Epi version of the Delonge? Not a bad guitar, and it's got the Dirty Fingers p'up, but as usual I don't like the neck profile on them. :(
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    You went for one Si?

Hope it turns out OK, I'm feeling guilty now :)

Did you go for the nitro in blue?

• I did indeed! Hoping it doesn't turn out to be a complete dog - I can deal with shitty fretwork/small blems etc, but if the necks twisted or something else as equally serious, well... live & learn! Still, if it turns out to be half-decent then I owe you a pint! :D

I did a little risk mitigation and went for pelham in poly - too much orange peel on their pics of nitro finishes. :(
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4918
    Loobs said:
    I think this is nicer. 

That is the guitar of my dreams, right there...  *swoon*
  • I've had the figure from Peach. £2649  :-O
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ha!
  • :) is all I'm saying!