NAD - Rift Tweed 5C

DaiCappDaiCapp Frets: 135
Took delivery of my new Tweed 5C from Chris this week...

They are beautifully made for sure, but the sound from this little bundle of joy is just something else. I love a really gritty bluesy sound but didn't want to have to drive something to unsociable levels to get there and I also like to get there through driving the amp rather than through pedals. This amp does the trick - by the bucket load.

It also loves pedals but it sounds so good on its own I'm loving just my Tele or Les Paul, a lead and the 5C... 

Can't wait to try my LPJ through it, I think it'll love P90's

I'm so impressed with the amp and the service from Chris that my Dr Z Therapy might just find its way into the Classifieds and a PR6 taking its place...

This is what it sounds like - shamelessly nicked from Rift because I couldn't do it this much justice.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3172
    tFB Trader
    Thanks @DaiCapp, it's a great little amp! The wide-panel and TV front Tweeds have been selling like hotcakes for the last 6 months or so, seems people are starting to discover that narrow-panels aren't necessarily the only option for Tweed tones.
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    RiftAmps said:
    Thanks @DaiCapp, it's a great little amp! The wide-panel and TV front Tweeds have been selling like hotcakes for the last 6 months or so, seems people are starting to discover that narrow-panels aren't necessarily the only option for Tweed tones.
    Those TV front versions look the business!  Looking forward to seeing the "widescreen" dual speaker version ;)

@DaiCapp. Congrats on the new addition.  Bet it sounds awesome dimed going straight in.  An old treble booster goosing a small tweed is one of my favourite fuzz like tones
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom