Hooray for mourinho! Pt 2

What's Hot
joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
Not sure if I'm allowed to start this, but

Final time! Europa or not I've had enough beers to be happy about it! Another draw though haha! We really do make hard work of things. 

PS, funny jokes. Bailly got sent off for the best attack of the night 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6393
    Squeaky bum time for Ajax too !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Jalapeno said:
    Squeaky bum time for Ajax too !
    Wish if watched that game but utd kept me worried as usual 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17639
    tFB Trader
    joeyowen said:
    Not sure if I'm allowed to start this, but

Yeah no problem as long as people stay sensible.
  • TavernorTavernor Frets: 85
    Wondered where the last thread went, found it eventually. Didn't that just escalate quickly! My opinions aren't controversial but I'll refrain from fueling the fire with them. Not cool bringing things like Hillsborough though; football teams on the whole are mercenaries these days, current crops of players have nothing to do with what happened back then. Enjoy banter and rivalries as long as people don't take it too far or its tongue in cheek. 

Very hard to call who'll win the final. Man utd on paper should, but Bailly out leaves the defence very vulnerable and goals have dried up since Zlatans injury. I just hope it's entertaining.
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    Europa League is just a poor man's trophy unfortunately. 
    I guess in old days UEFA Trophy was a bit more prestigious. 
    No disrespect to Utd - all the best in the Final.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited May 2017
    Is it safe?

http://pixady.com/image/r3g/
    Last one got a bit... Tetchy!

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    Is it safe?

I think on football forums the tone of the previous thread is quite normal. There's something about sport - football in particular (OK, football almost exclusively) - that can bring out the bellend in people. Some of the shit on there from Deano, Capo4th etc was pretty embarrassing to read.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    Every club has their quota of bell ends. I stopped going to watch Palace regularly when I moved to the mountains and became a full time instructor. Too far to travel and weekend work was too lucrative to pass up. Since I've been back in the real world I've barely gone back. Been to 2 games this season. I don't miss the horrible tribal nature. Combining that general loathing with the internet where people talk as if there are no consequences is generally a bad thing! 

My biggest humanity letdown is from an FA cup semi a number of years ago. A fan got knocked down and killed by a coach, and in the replay, United fans were singing "the wheels on the bus"... Left a very nasty taste.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Europa League is just a poor man's trophy unfortunately. 
    I guess in old days UEFA Trophy was a bit more prestigious. 
    No disrespect to Utd - all the best in the Final.
    Agreed, 

But with it we get CL, without it we just finish 6th with a league cup.

Might be a sorry state of affairs, but I'll take it
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549

My biggest humanity letdown is from an FA cup semi a number of years ago. A fan got knocked down and killed by a coach, and in the replay, United fans were singing "the wheels on the bus"... Left a very nasty taste.

Yeah. I used to go to Gillingham matches a lot and some of the guys in the stands were awful specimens (away games mostly...home fans tend to be more civil on average). In the 90s a Fulham fan was killed in a fight after a match, it was reported at the time (inaccurately as it turned out) as a stabbing and for a few years after some of the Gills Neanderthals would do stabbing actions to the Psycho squeak whenever they played Fulham. Dunno if they still do it.

Though I rarely go to football matches nowadays I have been to the Brighton stadium a couple of times and have found the atmosphere to be much more pleasant. I think it's because the stadium is geared towards making the experience a Good Day Out so it's not just hardcore footie nutters in the seats. If they ever revert back to integrated fans in league football I think Brighton will be among the first clubs to trial it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2017
    If they ever revert back to integrated fans in league football I think Brighton will be among the first clubs to trial it.
    Not against Palace :D

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    Fellatio has an unfair advantage with his enormous heed...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Glad we are there but I don't have confidence in winning. Sure, it's 'a trophy' but it's a bit like Newcastle winning the Championship. The real prize is entry into the Champions league. Too bad Zlatan can't play, he's never won a european cup. He's done a grand job this season especially considering his age. 
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    If Utd win Europa AND finish fourth, who gets the CL place - Ajax or the fifth finisher?
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3497
    edited May 2017
    jellyroll said:
    If Utd win Europa AND finish fourth, who gets the CL place - Ajax or the fifth finisher?
    I think if that happened it might go to a team in the CL qualification who have to go additional stages of qualification. 
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    Not confident about the final at all, but at least it is good to be there. You need to be in to win etc. I think SAFs message on the night would also have been "DON'T F^&KING CONCEDE!!"
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    jellyroll said:
    If Utd win Europa AND finish fourth ...
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Good one ...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TavernorTavernor Frets: 85
    jellyroll said:
    Nothing changes, neither fifth place in PL or Ajax would get a spot. I think the only way things could be different is if Leicester had won the CL but finished outside top four and Man utd win the Europa league and miss top four in which case 4th place in PL wouldn't qualify. I'm 99.99% certain about he first part which answers your question, less confident about the second part but think I'm right. Logic is I believe we're only allowed a maximum of 5 teams in CL; so if Leicester and Man utd qualified by winning both cups that only leaves three more places up for grabs.
  • deanodeano Frets: 622
    Is it safe?

I think on football forums the tone of the previous thread is quite normal. There's something about sport - football in particular (OK, football almost exclusively) - that can bring out the bellend in people. Some of the shit on there from Deano, Capo4th etc was pretty embarrassing to read.
    Right, I will defend myself on this thread once and once only then leave it alone.

I asked underdog three times for evidence of his assertion that Mourinho could not coach. Three times he chose not to or was unable to provide evidence. He did continue to rrepeat it.

I mentioned Hillsborough once and that was merely to give a time frame of reference. I did not mention Hillsborough in a pejorative way. That is available for anyone to read in the other thread.

I did mention Heysel, as that is something that Liverpool FC - and underdog - wish to eradicate from the public consciousness, in spite of the convictions against Liverpool fans being a matter of public record.

I wanted to join in the onversation in a proper and polite way, but underdog refused to engage. He merely kept repeating his assertions, and the tone descended into a Manchester United bashing. Which, let's face it was the reason the thread was started. But bashing Manchester United, when your own club has Heysel and the terrible songs about the Munich Air Disaster in your own history, does seem to invite a response that points out those failings.

Painting yourself whiter-than-white when you have a coal-black surface does need a fair amount of whitewash, especially if you keep provoking people who are able to pick some of the whitewash off.

That is all I wish to say on the matter. My conscious is clear.

Other than that I'm happy we reached the final. It's unfortunate for those teams in the Premier League who will want us to field strong teams for their own benefit that we won't be doing. I suspect a few of the academy players will be getiing a run out over the next few weeks.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3497
    deano said:

It's unfortunate for those teams in the Premier League who will want us to field strong teams for their own benefit that we won't be doing. I suspect a few of the academy players will be getiing a run out over the next few weeks.
    With Chelsea winning the league the league last night, team selection against Spurs will be under less scrutiny as they pretty much don't need much from their last 3 games to finish second.  Then there's Southampton, who have nothing to play for and Crystal Palace who likewise should be safe from relegation by their last game.