Just back from Mayer @ O2

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• PonchoGregPonchoGreg Frets: 764
    Strat54 said:
     Basically I think that in the company of geeks he's the uber geek and a genuinely likeable bloke, but as soon as he reaches out to a wider audience it all goes a bit philosophy undergrad.

Yeah exactly, I was fortunate enough to have a relaxed chat with him one to one several years ago and we just sat and geeked about guitars and music. He's very knowledgeable and passionate about these things and not just the vintage gear either like Jo Bo. He's certainly not that guy in front of the camera in reality, he was a good listener too....it wasn't all ME ME ME.
    That sort of stuff really comes across in the short Rolling Stone video with Derek Trucks and Frusciante from a while back, or the short docu on his custom shop strat (love the bit about him geeking out over the Fender Frontline mag and designing his dream Strat in high-school, who can't relate to that!).

And then you get the stand-up bit in the middle of Bold as Love on Where the Light Is, which always makes me cringe despite the class playing before and after. :s
    Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom