Loose hipshot bridge tremolo arm.

Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
Didn't know where to put this so if it should be in "making and modding" let me know and I'll happily move it along!

I have a guitar that has a hipshot tremolo bridge system and it has the PRS style tremolo arm cavity where it seems/seemed to have had a tensioner within the trem arm cavity that you would tighten with a grub screw.  Well there's nothing inside the cavity and the grub screw doesn't tight the trem arm so it's completely loose and ends up falling out most of the time.

Just wondered if there's anyway to remedy this?  It's not a threaded end and it's not a pop in style arm so any advice would be appreciated!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1265
    I don't know the Hipshot specifically but try fully depressing the trem and looking in at the exposed rear of the block - there is often an allen bolt you can tighten in there (this is where it is on my Wilkinson bridge - it was a year until I found that out. Thankfully, the arm wasn't loose enough to fall out).
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    I don't know the Hipshot specifically but try fully depressing the trem and looking in at the exposed rear of the block - there is often an allen bolt you can tighten in there (this is where it is on my Wilkinson bridge - it was a year until I found that out. Thankfully, the arm wasn't loose enough to fall out).
    Yeah there is a teeny little grub screw that seems to hinge on there being some kind of plastic bracket inside the arm cavity that, when tightened, tightens the plastic bracket to stop the trem arm from being loose.  I think it needs some kind of bracket but I'm damned if I know where to get one :(
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2925
    tFB Trader
    Mine i think has a plastic bush in there which the arm pushes into. Allparts and Axesrus are listed as UK distributors, best try them first.