Urgent help required

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Ok, it's not affected by the reverb level, but I found out that it is strongly exacerbated when my pedals are plugged in as opposed to when I'm going straight into the amp. Leads me to believe it's something else in the signal chain.

But then I plugged into the DRRI and it was normal. The DRRI is a much noisier amp than the Mesa anyway, but it was no noisier than usual.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72367
    But the Fender has less gain than the Mesa... sounds like possibly a pedal power supply issue or a bad earth somewhere.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    ICBM said:
    But the Fender has less gain than the Mesa... sounds like possibly a pedal power supply issue or a bad earth somewhere.
    Fair enough. At least I can more or less absolve the amp of any responsibility.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."